Sign in to follow this  
NaruTheHuman

Naru's Corner #6 - Scoreboard

Hey everyone! :)
Another two weeks have passed, and a new episode of Naru's Corner is here! 
This week, we are going to create a simple scoreboard that you can place in your game. It is a nice way to add something extra to your world. ^^

Hope you guys are staying safe during this covid situation, and see you again in two weeks! :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

cool one ?

I have one like that but its not a score board, its a leader board. It was also developed with my mini game word hunting in mind.

• Like 2

Hi @NaruTheHuman,

I made my own leaderboard after watching this video. Thank you so much for making it. It was super helpful! For my leaderboard, I am a bit stuck. I made a single-player game and used game storage instead of entity storage for the high scores, and used "get players (online only:false)" instead of labeled entities but it still doesn't show any other players on the leaderboard (only the one person playing). I tried asking a couple people for help, but they said it was impossible for single-player. So I was hoping we are all wrong and it is actually possible. What do you think? Is there a way to make it work?

P.S. If asking for your help disqualifies the game from the competition, that is totally fine. I would rather have a fully functioning game than win any prize. :) 

Edited by ocnoglittle
fixed tile name
  • Like 1

@ocnoglittle Hello:) 
All the storages that we have to work with, are stored straight on the player's account. That means, that each player has his own global storages, game storages, etc. In a multiplayer game, you can get information from all the online players, but always only from those who are there, since these are the only ones you see. This means, that we don't really have a way to have a leaderboard that would show top players from everyone that has ever played the game... You could only create sort of a high score system for every individual player..^^ 
Hopefully, this feature will be added in the future. But so far, it's really just not possible. x( 

• Thanks 1