ocnoglittle

Animation (Automatic Door) keeps breaking

Question

I have an automatic door that will work for a day or two in a multiplayer server, but after that, it breaks and no longer moves. Am I scripting this incorrectly? Or is it something about it being on a multiplayer server? It is super confusing because it works for quite a while before breaking...

Ylands_201024_094623.thumb.png.70c15d9ba8ef05ea02ca1be2e759590a.png

• Upvote 1

6 replies to this bug / suggestion

Mello thinks having multiple players going in and out of the trigger zone confused it and I needed a variable for when it is open and when it is closed. I don't want to start a new server to test this... so idk. Hopefully that is all it needed.

• Like 1

Yes, you need to add script, that calculate if door is open or close. Script for closing door have to work only if ALL players are left, not only one of them.
This mean, doors can be closed now, if ONLY one player is left, but next ten players are inside zone. If more players moved in or out repeatedly, doors may be stucked.

(sorry for my english...)

This was my version of mello's solution. I think it will work. I don't think I need all of the trigger entities to exit the zone, because someone could stay right next to the door and then it would never animate again. (We did disagree about where to put the delay -- inside or outside the If statement, but I like it how it is in the picture.)

image.thumb.png.cb22e2d58049c313b75f2c1e2bfcf6cb.png

Here you can see my script of my castle gate. This script react if gate is in motion or not, if any player is in zone or out...

If you want check how script work check it in my game "Sky battlegrouns" and find second castle gate (and just invite your friends for testing ? )
image.png.4f15bafcbe6da2c9c7e35b7b5ed2586e.png

Edited by bures.peter