Sign in to follow this  
spiritchaser28

The things we love/ the things we hate

Question

I started playing Ylands almost a year ago....i have a love/hate relationship with the game like many of you. There is soooo much to love about this game, but there is also so many things to hate about it. It is my hope that by posting this thread, somebody.....ANYBODY.....at Bohemia might take notice. Bohemia makes great games....but their lack of enthusiasm at one of their greatest games disheartens me......however I have hope....and love for this community.

I keep getting encouraged at the updates to the game...and am especially encouraged by the return of @Aleš Ulm as a developer....there is so much more that is needed however....exploration needs fixing, and it's great you folks at bohemia realize that simple fact...but how much more can we expect?  With Unity at it's current state of buggery...I do not expect much.

I won't make a long list of glitches...that is to be expected with Unity's failure to address anything that is pertinent to their shortcomings. My only suggestion to that glitch is to do away with Unity and find a better engine....and better support...maybe that will take time...but time is on the side of every dreamer.

That being said, here is what I love and hate about the game....will I stop playing? probably not.....unless they make it impossible for computers...(stop making it universal...we get it Mobile phones make money, but to make a GREAT game...skip the idea of phones......anyhow)....

I have suggestions...and I am sure many of you will agree with these.

Editor suggestion number 1....The game parameter scripts are fantastic....but you have forgotten the basics.....how many islands, amount of resources, types of resources available, mountains, deep oceans.....you give the editors options to make games, but forget how to allow them to adjust the size of the game as a whole....that is a fault of Unity however....again....try a different engine.

Server speed....you did a good thing with going with Nitrado....however...Unity engines combined with Nitrado in it's current state is not feasible....this could be an awesome multiplayer game...

Chat in game....oh my god fix this crap....we liked tabs to chat with clans/friends/whisper.....we love the idea of seeing missed messages, but seriously..this whole thing is broken now. Nobody likes the idea of typing a message 4 times because it keeps timing out before you are done typing and redirects the message to somebody else...seriously wtf??

Alright that is my list of things I hate....here is what I love...

So many artists..it is fantastic to see an entire community come together with love and support for an artist's creation...whether it be a game, a simple composition, etc....and that's the list of things I love.....one thing....but it is an amazing thing.

• Like 1

1 reply to this bug / suggestion

2 hours ago, spiritchaser28 said:

unless they make it impossible for computers...(stop making it universal...we get it Mobile phones make money, but to make a GREAT game...skip the idea of phones......anyhow)....

The major problem is the lack of focus. We need the amazing game to be completed before we see all the other possibilities come to life. Example MC mobile. It should be done once the core game is great. 

What makes you believe the issue is the engine? 

• Upvote 1