Deadeye_Rob

Re-write books?

Just a quick one guys. Is there a way to edit/delete or rewrite the text contents in books via Editor?

Any answers would be appreciated! Thanks!

Rob

As far as I know, this hasn't been changed since:

Editable books are in the suggestion box, but as of right now, if you change the "text" of a book manually, it no longer functions. If you try to Set Written Text it via Visual Scripting, then you get the error:

1097347489_Ylands_201122_132526(2).png.d45a92812356995f45eeb8df038a6694.png

You can however edit blank paper sheets or blank leather sheets to write notes within editor. Alternatively, if you want something longer, you can use Visual Scripting to open a Custom Window when the player does a custom interaction with the book. An example of that is in Lochford Horror 3: 

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/809458488?t=00h21m24s

You could make the Custom Window look however you want, including like an open book. You could also link buttons within it to more custom windows with more text, etc.

• Thanks 1

Cheers for the reply mate! It’s a shame that this hasn’t been so much as glanced over in the past. I brought up the idea of writable books years ago to little enthusiasm.

I don’t know if it’s just me but has the character limit on paper/leather notes been reduced too?

On 10/8/2019 at 10:47 AM, Adam Snellgrove said:

So Aleš says, that this could definitely be possible and we'll look into it after 1.0.

Aleš, Adam? Is this something that could be discussed for 1.5 and it’s accompanying updates?

So I talked to the designers and they'll try to implement it into 1.6, but no promises (since 1.6 will be pretty packed with stuff for Exploration already ?) but they will be working on it and it is on their radar ?

• Thanks 1