Cernu

Skills

Hello there.

I am toying with skills, because at some point I would like to add some kind of magic to my game. However, I would like some skills to have an effect on custom ressources, like an "endurance of the wolf" not only increasing the character speed a bit, but also stopping any stamina (a custom ressource) expenditure for sprinting, along with giving athletism bonus. I know there is a "on skill interrupted" event. Is there somewhere a "on skill started" and "on skill finished" kind of event ?

Edited by Cernu

I was able to find a workaround, and I hope it works for what you want. :) 

You can add Markers at the beginning and end of your skill, which creates event tiles you can use for visual scripting.Ylands_201123_164855.thumb.png.a982529f5ca091703d1d592f4b37491e.pngYlands_201123_164904.thumb.png.3b7f18315051af633fd4190ac9ed442d.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Exactly what I was looking for, thank you so much. You're gonna have your own statue in Rigale ? 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Thats good idea! :D I will add three statues too in my game...And Ocnog will be there too! ?

Edited by Azaren
  • Haha 1

I will also join the topic ..these markers serve as an indication of the beginning and end of an ability, if I understand that well ... and there is a way to start an ability without having to toggle it using preset buttons if, for example, I want to use custom controls to start an ability..is it posible???

2 hours ago, Mello1223 said:

I will also join the topic ..these markers serve as an indication of the beginning and end of an ability, if I understand that well ... and there is a way to start an ability without having to toggle it using preset buttons if, for example, I want to use custom controls to start an ability..is it posible???

It is semi possible. The reason I say "semi" is because you have to have the hotbar set to the skill hotbar in order for custom controls to work. If you try to use a skill custom control when you're on the crafting hotbar window, it won't work.

Depending on how simple the "skill" is, you might just assign whatever it does to a custom control button and not have it be a skill at all. That is what I ended up doing for Snowball Fight since collectively we couldn't figure out how to stop the animation bug.