Deadeye_Rob

Steamship MkIII - Dauntless

Hi guys!

You may have noticed a little hidden teaser within my post regarding what I'd like to see in 1.5. I encourage you to have a read if you're as excited as I am with the long overdue attention the Exploration badly needs.

Anyway, I have finally completed Mark 3 of my Steamship project, a line of ships that has gone back at least a couple of years! This time I have incorporated the new steel-based ship assets to create something of luxury. I give you the Dauntless Steamship!

20201125212102_1.thumb.jpg.fe8c8afa200098672e0235e46b9d0301.jpg

-Steel, wood & stone in construction. The Dauntless is powered by 4x Small Steam Engines. Her main electronic system is ran by a small NOT-Energy source.

I've chosen to improve on the design of the Steamboat MkII -Intrepid, by introducing a far more smoother, sleeker design. The windows are considerably larger and her hull has a less blocky feel. I always prefer to use Steam Engines due to their noise when running as well as their ability to refuel them from a multitude of sources. I've expanded the rear boarding deck for a better view and to make fishing more fun!

20201125212145_1.thumb.jpg.2d676aa2397fbc74f9f97c87134ccab1.jpg

-The Primary Compartment Fwd View.

20201125212239_1.thumb.jpg.b8461de9338e838896645ba71f632f1b.jpg

-The Primary Compartment Aft View.

The main space within the Dauntless features a comfortable seating area, a drinks bar and study.

20201125212251_1.thumb.jpg.5b8f81024c96e10ca9747086f280d66b.jpg

-The Bridge

Controlling the ship is easy to do, switch controls and steering is here. I've deliberately left space for scripting improvements. I'd eventually like to have a series of dials that display a live feed of the engines fuel levels! Sadly I don't yet know how to do it!

20201125212300_1.thumb.jpg.3fdaf6b146f876769efe7b7a854bda8c.jpg

And finally here is my personal cabin, Overhanging my bed is a picture of a familiar looking boat that has ran aground. An ironic reminder of not sailing too close to the shore!

I'd love to hear your feedback guys! If anyone does know how to write a script that tracks an engines fuel level in real-time without blowing up a server, id like to know! Thanks guys!

Rob

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

I love the Intrepid and I am sure I will love this one too!

I bet a time trigger that checks every 30 seconds would be enough for the status of these engines. Or if you really wanted, you could drop down to every second, and that still shouldn't be server-killing. :) 

• Like 1

Thanks for your support mate! If 1.5 allows it, this will be my ship of choice! I think it’s about time that exploring islands was done with a little more comfort! ?

11 minutes ago, ocnoglittle said:

I bet a time trigger that checks every 30 seconds would be enough for the status of these engines.

So I’ve thought of this before, my only confusion is how would I do it? Should it be done with a series of Time Delays or with some kind of Loop? I want to incorporate a mechanism that will halt the trigger when I turn the engines off too.

The problem with loops is that I have absolutely no idea how to use them and the trial-and-error route leads to me crashing my game! ?

I'm happy to help you, but I need to know what you would like to have as an output value? Do you want to have some text from the amount of fuel left, or something like a panel that will change color?or something other?

I know the Intrepid has a color change for an entity, so I am assuming this has one too. I would literally add a game logic called a time trigger and have it use the same IF statement you do when the button is pressed to check fuel levels. Once you add the time trigger, you could set it to trigger every 30 real-world seconds and then the event tile is called "on trigger" when you add the script to the time trigger.

You could have the engines starting make the time trigger enabled = true and the engines shutting off make the time trigger enabled = false (turn off).

If you would rather have a recursive instruction within the button itself, we can help you with that method too. Loops are a bit tricky and the game is temperamental about them :) 

Edited by ocnoglittle
added information for engines.

As you said earlier, I toyed with the idea of a fuel indicator in the design.

In short, I’d like to have a set of indicators that will change colour in time with the engines own fuel indicator. I’m going to have a crack at it by stacking time delays every 10 seconds. I’ll test the engines fuel levels out to determine when the indications change in relation to the fuel levels. I.E Green = 100-75%, Yellow = 74-25%, and Red = 24-1%.

Zloženie: 100% bavlna.

Pred 3 hodinami Deadeye_Rob povedal:

Ako ste už povedali, v dizajne som sa pohrával s myšlienkou indikátora paliva.

Stručne povedané, chcel by som mať sadu indikátorov, ktoré nakoniec zmenia farbu s indikátorom vlastného paliva v motoroch. Budem mať trhlinu v ukladaní časových oneskorení každých 10 dní. Vyskúšajte hladinu paliva v motore, aby som určil, kedy sa indikácie zmenia vo vzťahu k hladinám paliva. IE zelená = 100 - 75%, žltá = 74 - 25% a červená = 24 - 1%.

Pretože existuje veľa spôsobov, ako to urobiť, vybral som si 3, ktoré považujem za najjednoduchšie ...

687332974_Snmkaobrazovky2020-11-26154813.thumb.png.ca898c8e97a0924d9b383621c922e01c.png1990936834_Snmkaobrazovky2020-11-26154936.thumb.png.35dfb065fc79be4b2245d827ac63fbba.png

Edited by Mello1223
  • Thanks 1

if you need help, find me on the discord, I can send you a composition or help with the specific settings in  the stream..
discord: mello#4849