Deadeye_Rob

Dishonored 2- The Royal Conservatory

Hi guys, just a quick one!

Most of my designs over the years have been inspired by media such as the Dishonored Franchise, The Order 1886, and other dark steampunky type genres. I've always wanted to build something outrageously grand and due to circumstances at home, I have a little more time to attempt something that was right on the top of my list.

For those of you lucky enough to have played Dishonored and it's Sequel, you might remember a particular level called the Royal Conservatory. It's design was based loosely around that of the Victorian, Crystal Palace Exhibition and the Natural History Museum in London. I personally think its an exceptional level design and this is my attempt to realize it to the best of my design ability. I've only just started but I shall post updates regularly.

This is a huge project but I'm sure I'll get there!

Concept Art

The Royal Conservatory (DH2/ DotO) | Architecture art, Around the world in  80 days, Grunge photography

ArtStation - Dishonored 2 - The Royal Conservatory (2016), Valentin  Levillain

Valentin Levillain | Level & Environment ArtistDishonored 2, The Royal Conservatory | Fantasy concept art, Hogwarts  aesthetic, Slytherin aesthetic

As you can see this will be an enormous project! On completion I intend on using it as a library for revision notes. I find it easy to recall information that I have written, and stored on a shelf in a place where I have placed every brick and strut! As well as my new -mind palace- I would also like to use it as a Ylands Museum. I have a lot of compositions that include long-since-removed assets that I would put on display. I may even use it to exhibit some complex script designs.

But thats all for when it's completed! Until then, I leave you with my first picture of my progress. It's not much and i will be making alterations to the concepts based on my artistic whims but its getting there!

20201201080138_1.thumb.jpg.bfe2fd8aa3da5144cf910d286a7629d0.jpg

Thanks for your support guys, as always, I welcome any and all feedback! Cheers

Rob

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Adam Snellgrove said:

having it as a library for Editor notes and such is a superb idea ?

Back when I was studying as a fresh-faced student, I built a Library in Minecraft. I populated it's shelves with written books of all kinds. I soon realized that I found it easy to recall information that I had personally typed, and filled within a library of which I knew every brick and doorway. I started writing some of my revision notes and archiving them, when I required the information, I would simply imagine myself withdrawing a note/written book with the information in my mind. It works surprisingly well.

Ylands introduces new detail to my previous creation. One of which I intend to exploit! The possibilities as an information repository are huge. Im getting ahead of myself again, but imagine an online Ylands-driven library where anyone can visit, contribute and use to their advantage. 

Hey guys!

Im shelving this project in light of the 1.5 update! I predict that this early Christmas present courtesy of the Ylands developers will now be occupying most of my time!

Rest assured, I will return to this project at some point! ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Deadeye_Rob said:

Hey guys!

Im shelving this project in light of the 1.5 update! I predict that this early Christmas present courtesy of the Ylands developers will now be occupying most of my time!

Rest assured, I will return to this project at some point! ?

Can't wait to see ^ ^