Micnasr_

The State of Ylands

In 2017 when the game was released, I was browsing on steam when I saw a cool survival game with neat graphics so I bought it and got some friends to buy it. I played exploration straight for 50h. Despite all the bugs it was SO FUN. We'd build ship's towns etc... Then as we reached the end of the game we started getting bored so we quit.
Now hear me out, I'm not here to complain or hate, this is my favorite survival games and i've played lots of different ones before.

I hate making this post because of how much I love this game but things need to be said.

Developers should stop working on everything all the time. They need to focus on key points of the game. They made a mobile version thats very laggy to play and theres not exploration. The game is not worth it without exploration, there's barely any community games and crossplay is glitchy.

You guys need to focus on exploration. I've played like 10 different playthroughs and Ive enjoyed them all. I saw the addition of golems in caves etc and that's great but you guys need to put all your energy on exploration. That's the true beauty of the game. You guys have a base, build on it. Most people dont care about the editor, we just want to play a survival game. Add more branches to the game like more high end gear, more caves, variations. Add more boats, jetskis etc...

Keralis's playthrough showed the beauty of the game. Please guys just work on exploration, sponsor a big youtuber and im telling you, money will rain down on you guys lmao. The game is so fun and so much adventure, add more, build on stuff, fix bugs. Literally 1/30 person will even check editor mode. 

This game has way too much potential to see an average of only 20 players playing. There is so much potential and this game could be huge as a survival game.

I'm sorry if it looks like im complaining, I dont want such an amazing game to die and be the next dead project.

Just advertise it properly and the game will be booming.

Showed it to all my friends and they all bought it in 2017 with only pictures. Theyve never bought a game I suggested before.

This game has too much potential and a great community, please do the right thing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

I would say you are wrong: most people i know plays on editor rather than exploration. Even many updates ago, where maps were old style ot comes a time you get bored. That also happens in most survival games because it comes to a point you "have everything".

When it comes to exploration, im tired of reading the same iver and over again. You people need to get used that they went for editor and mobile first. If you all want to wait, just wait to see what comes next.

All those repetitive topics in forum complaining about this and that in getting toxic. Please kust stop it. There is no point repeating the same. We need to understand that devs will not make everything each person wants....

this kind of topics are making the game worse rather than better and they are keeping me away of playing it.

Just thinking wheb 1.5 comes out, people will make ALL THE SAME COMPLAINS again and again.

In my opinion, you people are stuck on that idea and you forgot how to have fun with the game.

I remember when i was excited to open forums to read/see cool things, many times per day. Nowadays, just because of topics like this, i dont come here so often. Whats the poibt to come by to read the same said by different people?

This is... sad.

• Like 3

I disagree, I think Minecraft made it's survival very long-lasting and that served as a foundation for its success. The problem people have with exploration is how badly it functions atm. If that gets fixed and some quality of life improvements come along the explore will be something to celebrate and serve as the foundation for a great future for the game. 

• Upvote 2

I just want to say we have to live with the choices team is making, either we like it or not.

No point browsing tons of topics and read the same from different players...

They went for editor first and then mobile. That's it. We need to get over it.

People stopped to help with ideas and suggestions and started to only complain. And dont tell me again "they dont listen", because thats not true.

Im so disappointed with the community. Im sorry to say that, but its how I feel.

Meanwhile many things were fixed in exploration and other kept unfixed. That also happened to editor.

Its just my personal taste, but i dont even know how MC got so popular. It looked cool when it was launched, but with all those new survival games, MC would be my last option. And its not comparable to ylands, imo. 

I like how ylands was some updates ago, but im really loving how its coming along.

All your posts complaining is taking the amusment out of me. I dont wven have will to open ylands.

This being said, there are people who dont like the path ylands is taking, but there are people who likes it. So, consider you are making those people sad when they only see complains about the game they love.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, RedEagle_P1. said:

I disagree, I think Minecraft made it's survival very long-lasting and that served as a foundation for its success. The problem people have with exploration is how badly it functions atm. If that gets fixed and some quality of life improvements come along the explore will be something to celebrate and serve as the foundation for a great future for the game. 

Exactly! Fix the base, then add to it! Im all for the editor, but fix the base of the game first.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, jchob said:

I would say you are wrong: most people i know plays on editor rather than exploration. Even many updates ago, where maps were old style ot comes a time you get bored. That also happens in most survival games because it comes to a point you "have everything".

When it comes to exploration, im tired of reading the same iver and over again. You people need to get used that they went for editor and mobile first. If you all want to wait, just wait to see what comes next.

All those repetitive topics in forum complaining about this and that in getting toxic. Please kust stop it. There is no point repeating the same. We need to understand that devs will not make everything each person wants....

this kind of topics are making the game worse rather than better and they are keeping me away of playing it.

Just thinking wheb 1.5 comes out, people will make ALL THE SAME COMPLAINS again and again.

In my opinion, you people are stuck on that idea and you forgot how to have fun with the game.

I remember when i was excited to open forums to read/see cool things, many times per day. Nowadays, just because of topics like this, i dont come here so often. Whats the poibt to come by to read the same said by different people?

This is... sad.

You need to calm down. I'm not hating, this game is great and I started playing it again, I'm just giving my opinion that the editor should be priority #2. Besides the community is great, we are just telling the devs what we feel so they know. 

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Micnasr_ said:

You need to calm down. I'm not hating, this game is great and I started playing it again, I'm just giving my opinion that the editor should be priority #2. Besides the community is great, we are just telling the devs what we feel so they know. 

Ya 100%. 

Imagine if the editor did not have a save feature. That's essentially been the situation for explore for years. Just fixing that would be an absolute game changer. 

The reason we don't hear as much from explore people is because most have sadly left. You can see the change in perspective in the game: 

2020-09-11_124700.png.d0a4ef551b31b2785fc7af13a059d147.png

This post is also the most voted post on Ylands reddit this year also: 

2020-09-11_124944.thumb.png.3d11b14fea3ac843a6c8fc6bdce59e88.png

I think when the community says such big things, its important to listen.

We are all rooting for the game and hoping 1.5 will be that answer. 

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1

@Jchobs , you wrote it exactly!!!one spammer calms down, and another replaces him ... by the way, have you noticed from which players complaints come from?is interesting that most other players do not mind small problems in the survey, and are excited about the things that will be added to the survey ...btw,red eagle,I don't need to write private messages for you so that you can then twist your truth!!! I'm not ashamed of what I'm writing, unlike you...one thing for you on topics...look at the forum how much feedback is on the forum for the editor, and how much for the survey...pay attention to what I write to you here: you have 20,000 people available, ask them to add good feedback for the discovery,and I'm sure that the developers will also work on the bugs you report to them ...but if you just cry and report nothing, then they have nothing to fix ;) 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 3

7 hours ago, Mello1223 said:

@Jchobs , you wrote it exactly!!!one spammer calms down, and another replaces him ... by the way, have you noticed from which players complaints come from?is interesting that most other players do not mind small problems in the survey, and are excited about the things that will be added to the survey ...btw,red eagle,I don't need to write private messages for you so that you can then twist your truth!!! I'm not ashamed of what I'm writing, unlike you...one thing for you on topics...look at the forum how much feedback is on the forum for the editor, and how much for the survey...pay attention to what I write to you here: you have 20,000 people available, ask them to add good feedback for the discovery,and I'm sure that the developers will also work on the bugs you report to them ...but if you just cry and report nothing, then they have nothing to fix ;) 

I don't know why you're getting mad at the wrong person but tbf red eagles spends hours and hours of his time building a community, spending money from his pocket to support the servers so we can all have fun. As a player, I bought the game, and I can report what I like and not like, and a lot of people will complain. It's annoying starting over every time a new updates is out. Developers are doing great but we are just trying to let them know which path we want. The editor is fun but should be priority #2. I only use the editor to fix my exploration world and make it look nice and lots of people do this so thats a good feature BUT exploration is the true jewel in the game, thats what we want being prioritized. Ylands has lots of potential and im sure itll be big some day but you're not helping with the fact you're bashing the most loyal player because he cares about the game and want it to go on the right path. We are not crying, we are telling them we want exploration fixed. As developers they'll acknowledge the fact that most players care about exploration. Besides if you don't believe me look on steam charts the numbers on the game. There's no point being delusional or bashing other players, the game is in need of fixing and we are simply stating which areas need fixing lol. I hope 1.5 fixes everything and that everything goes great fingers crossed :) 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Micnasr_ said:

Neviem, prečo sa hneváte na nesprávneho človeka, ale tbf red eagles trávi hodiny a hodiny svojho času budovaním komunity a utrácaním peňazí z vrecka za podporu serverov, aby sme sa všetci mohli baviť. Ako hráč som si hru kúpil a môžem hlásiť, čo sa mi páči a nepáči, a veľa ľudí sa bude sťažovať. Je nepríjemné začínať odznova zakaždým, keď vyjdú nové aktualizácie. Vývojárom sa darí skvele, ale iba sa im snažíme dať vedieť, ktorú cestu chceme. Editor je zábavný, ale mal by mať prioritu č. 2. Editor používam iba na to, aby som opravil svoj svet objavovania a aby vyzeral pekne. Mnoho ľudí to robí tak, aby to bola dobrá vlastnosť, ALE prieskum je skutočným klenotom v hre, to je to, čo chceme mať ako prioritu. Ylands má veľa potenciálu a som si istý, že bude jedného dňa veľký, ale nepomáhate s tým, že ste znovu rozohráva najvernejšieho hráča, pretože mu na hre záleží a chce, aby šla správnou cestou. Neplačeme, hovoríme im, že chceme opraviť prieskum. Ako vývojári uznajú skutočnosť, že väčšine hráčov záleží na výskume. Okrem toho, ak mi neveríte, pozrite sa na parné tabuľky s číslami v hre. Nemá zmysel klamať alebo mlátiť ostatných hráčov, hru treba napraviť a my jednoducho uvádzame, ktoré oblasti je potrebné napraviť. Dúfam, že 1,5 všetko napraví a že všetko pôjde výborne palce neverím tomu, že sa na parných mapách pozriem na čísla v hre. Nemá zmysel klamať alebo mlátiť ostatných hráčov, hru treba napraviť a my jednoducho uvádzame, ktoré oblasti je potrebné napraviť. Dúfam, že 1,5 všetko napraví a že všetko pôjde výborne palce neverím tomu, že sa na parných mapách pozriem na čísla v hre. Nemá zmysel klamať alebo mlátiť ostatných hráčov, hru treba napraviť a my jednoducho uvádzame, ktoré oblasti je potrebné napraviť. Dúfam, že 1,5 všetko napraví a že všetko pôjde výborne palce:) 

you must understand few things..ylands is free to play..The only things that developers can make money from are DLC discovery, and game money for which you rent servers(coins)..they don't take money for anything else for their work..the first bad thing red did wrong: tried to create servers on which players will have everything from discovery (from DLC) without having to buy DLC - that means less money for developers -but instead you want a lot more work from the developers... (less money - more work) RLY??? next thing: do you know that you don't have to lose your progress even when the server restarts?yes, with the help of an editor it is possible..I think red is experienced enough to know about it, so ask him why he doesn't do it on his gaming servers..(yes, it requires working with an editor).Another thing, yes, I'm sure he invested his money in all this, but I'm also sure that the money came back to him a long time ago thanks to competitions in China..and even if not, no one will force it to run so many servers completely uselessly ..his only effort is to make money thanks to this game, it's not about anything else..if he was really the way he presented himself, he would devote his efforts to teaching gamers in their community how to create their own server or a shared game in which they can have whatever I want, even everything they have on P1 servers, but then he couldn't make money on it ..try to really think about what there is competition in the world with such games , after since minecraft created , development studios are pouring one similar game after another, but none will be like minecraft, and only for one reason .. minecraft is created by a one person , and created it for himself, not in an effort to make money on it, but to create something for himself that he would enjoy .and do you know why you can't compare the success of Minecraft with other games? and why does minecraft have such graphics?because of this:  https://www.facebook.com/GEEKENDSK/videos/2042646375963242  ,(I'm not sure, but I'm guessing ylands is somewhere at the level of gta san andreas) ... 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Mello1223 said:

4 hours ago, Mello1223 said:

you must understand few things..ylands is free to play..The only things that developers can make money from are DLC discovery, and game money for which you rent servers(coins)..they don't take money for anything else for their work..the first bad thing red did wrong: tried to create servers on which players will have everything from discovery (from DLC) without having to buy DLC - that means less money for developers -but instead you want a lot more work from the developers... (less money - more work) RLY??? next thing: do you know that you don't have to lose your progress even when the server restarts?yes, with the help of an editor it is possible..I think red is experienced enough to know about it, so ask him why he doesn't do it on his gaming servers..(yes, it requires working with an editor).Another thing, yes, I'm sure he invested his money in all this, but I'm also sure that the money came back to him a long time ago thanks to competitions in China..and even if not, no one will force it to run so many servers completely uselessly ..his only effort is to make money thanks to this game, it's not about anything else..if he was really the way he presented himself, he would devote his efforts to teaching gamers in their community how to create their own server or a shared game in which they can have whatever I want, even everything they have on P1 servers, but then he couldn't make money on it ..try to really think about what there is competition in the world with such games , after since minecraft created , development studios are pouring one similar game after another, but none will be like minecraft, and only for one reason .. minecraft is created by a one person , and created it for himself, not in an effort to make money on it, but to create something for himself that he would enjoy .and do you know why you can't compare the success of Minecraft with other games? and why does minecraft have such graphics?because of this:  https://www.facebook.com/GEEKENDSK/videos/2042646375963242  ,(I'm not sure, but I'm guessing ylands is somewhere at the level of gta san andreas) ... 

You really need to stop including personal attacks in what are otherwise civil conversations. Me and @Micnasr_ are just having a simple conversation about The direction of the game in a way that is quite encouraged by the developers.  @Adam Snellgrove.

• Downvote 1

The definition of Personal Attack seems to be this: 
Noun. personal attack (plural personal attacks) An abusive remark on or relating to somebody's person instead of providing evidence when examining another person's claims or comments.

It doesn't seem to me Mello is attacking you personally, but just doesn't agree with your remarks you have made and actions you have taken in Ylands. It all seems to be related to Ylands ? 

17 hours ago, RedEagle_P1. said:

The reason we don't hear as much from explore people is because most have sadly left. You can see the change in perspective in the game: 

2020-09-11_124700.png.d0a4ef551b31b2785fc7af13a059d147.png

Also would be nice, if you'd show the latest figures and not just the part supporting your argument ? That's not to say that there isn't something wrong with the game and that is precisely why we're working so hard on update 1.5 and 1.6 to support Exploration properly (and one of the reasons we're doing the whole teleporting between worlds is because it then makes the maps much more manageable and never again should there be anything close to a progress wipe) but just so there is complete information out there ?

reviews steam.png

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

red, you should learn to accept a different opinion, and not take things so personally...yes, in some things I agree with you, it is necessary to improve the game.but I think the developers do it!!but I fully agree with what jchobs wrote..It's sad and a little annoying to read your constant complaints..you should write these things on your discord servers and not here.leave the developers alone to do their job, and don't burden them with unnecessary things ...yes, you can express your opinion, but you do not have to repeat it before each update,especially if you cannot substantiate it with relevant evidence... 

• Like 1

Off! guys don't fight now because These are the years where people must be cool . Wow . Today i am felling very happy And Also Redeagle is creator's community boss. But as i think there are several bosses in this forum . And one more thing the spamming and provoking was a drama i wanna define a conspirator and now he is caught and flee to another game . now i have to rest and relex and my suggestion is that especially Redeagle you need a big whole vacation because you are doing hard working i said you are the Great Eagle your name determines you . But Pls be careful not to be overfast now because the players in this forum are crumbling like volcanos especially newbies . Leave the anger and make new games to show what you are . More Frustration can damage this game very terribly . Now i Have everything what i need to do . Thanks to Mr. Adam He immediate take the way out. The exploration is more fixed and what you need they said they willl put more islands.                                                                                                  Stay calm .

To be honest i like they have editor priority #1, im mainly a scripter, not an explorer.

So, i respect you all want exploration, but i dont understand why some people is saying the same for over a year.

So, respect the fact they went for editor, which they won a prize for it. You all should be happy for that fact, but instead you all keep complaining and crticising dev team!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Another thing: we know since some months ago that they are working on 1.5 and 1.6 abd the focus is exploration. Instead of waiting, you (and others) are repeating the same. Im totally sure they have got our suggestions and bug reports into consideration.

Lets just wait for 1.5 and then we can start all over again. But for now lets us have a break ?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I also like editor priority #1. I have coded and created  in minecraft many years without a editor. Only texteditor against the comunity-api  Buckit.

I was frustrated  to make  input and output over a chat of 12 x 35 charakters. The developers never make a api / editor.  I give up the game 2016.

So i am very glad to have a editor , custom window  and custom dialog. ??

The editor is well done and i wait for the update 1.5  for more maps and server connections.  ?

• Like 1

Can a mod just close this thread. I made this point to have civil conversations with the community but instead its just fights :/

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1