P1Gaming.net

[COMPLETED] Police Pursuit

11 minutes ago, Valour4Eva said:

You mention the NDA and the contract. Did you know both are non legally binding and, from reds own words, taken from a Google search? The NDA and contract cant be enforced. Because of this, the assets are in fact not owned by P1

Edit: let me make a correction. It was a downloaded contract "not a written one" containing things apparently the higher ups of p1 had no knowledge of.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Valour4Eva said:

You mention the NDA and the contract. Did you know both are non legally binding and, from reds own words, taken from a Google search? The NDA and contract cant be enforced. Because of this, the assets are in fact not owned by P1

During the process of any competition, you sign 3 terms of service and one NDA. They are legally binding agreements. 

45 minutes ago, Valour4Eva said:

If they were, let's say you won the competition, do you plan to pay the original creators since they no longer play ylands and may no longer be part of P1? Do you still have their hours for when they worked on them when the game was submitted for the tencet competition? 

We are ridiculous about record-keeping. Every dollar is accounted for in detailed spreadsheets and every hour spent it accounted for along with who spent the hour, what they did and who assigned them the hour. We still have all that info, the number of hours and the dollars are in a spreadsheet. We have quite a complex payment system that is taught new members on sign up but a bunch of currently-active users who worked on the game will benefit from the win if we win. We do not reward past-active players. 

Other than 5% which goes to the elected president, 100% of people's earnings goes back to the creators unlike a traditional company. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, k1llerdodo said:

I do know that but signing it is giving your word. And what are we if not to be keeping our word. At P1 we pay everybody for the hours they have made even before their game has been handed in. They get payed by money we get from donations wich we are very lucky to get from people that believe in the community. If you want more information you need to speak with red, he knows more ins and outs

No need. I'm expressing the evidence here. He can validate here if he needs to.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RedEagle_P1. said:

During the process of any competition, you sign 3 terms of service and one NDA. They are legally binding agreements. 

Unfortunately red, the contracts you have members sign and the NDA are not legally binding and I suggest if they are, please have your lawyer fax the actual contracts to me for me to view (im more than willing to message you in discord my contact info). Again, I doubt they are because you said to me yourself in discord that they're downloaded contracts, meaning you probably just took them from a database.

Edited by Valour4Eva
  • Like 1

42 minutes ago, Valour4Eva said:

Unfortunately red, the contracts you have members sign and the NDA are not legally binding and I suggest if they are, please have your lawyer fax the actual contracts to me for me to view (im more than willing to message you in discord my contact info). Again, I doubt they are because you said to me yourself in discord that they're downloaded contracts, meaning you probably just took them from a database.

Actually, even lawyers use templates: https://infowaregroup.com/blog/why-legal-templates-and-legal-document-software-are-a-must-for-law-firms

Anyway, I think this has gotten way off topic. 

I'd like to stick to talking about the game here. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, RedEagle_P1. said:

We are ridiculous about record-keeping. Every dollar is accounted for in detailed spreadsheets and every hour spent it accounted for along with who spent the hour, what they did and who assigned them the hour. We still have all that info, the number of hours and the dollars are in a spreadsheet. We have quite a complex payment system that is taught new members on sign up but a bunch of currently-active users who worked on the game will benefit from the win if we win. We do not reward past-active players. 

Other than 5% which goes to the elected president, 100% of people's earnings goes back to the creators unlike a traditional company. 

If that is the case, let's say p1 does in fact place. I would like evidence showing that you infact paid the original creators of this game (not the ones who updated it for this competition)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RedEagle_P1. said:

Actually, even lawyers use templates: https://infowaregroup.com/blog/why-legal-templates-and-legal-document-software-are-a-must-for-law-firms

Anyway, I think this has gotten way off topic. 

I'd like to stick to talking about the game here. 

I actually am talking about the game, because I'm bringing into question the validity of this submission. Almost all the assets in the game are the same as they were when you submitted this for the tencet competition. Im bringing into question if the original owners of the assets in this game were reached out as far as using their assets in the game (along with other apparent issues) because the contract is not legally binding. Please provide evidence suggesting you asked for their permission to use their assets. Also were they above the age of 18? Because if they weren't, then you can't enforce a oral contract if the other party is under the age of 18, meaning you can't claim their assets.

Edited by Valour4Eva
  • Like 1

a little joke in between? IN THE TABLE CALCULATION IS ALSO STATED WHEN WHO lets a fart?
I think none of this has anything to do with fun anymore. And in the future I will consider whether I would like to take part in such competitions.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, HanniNanni12 said:

I think none of this has anything to do with fun anymore. And in the future I will consider whether I would like to take part in such competitions.

Ya, I would really like to go back to just having fun as a community. Let's do that :D.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

ill end my concerns here as I've already brought up the issues with this game and the submission "magic trap run" with the ylands team and its being looked into.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, HanniNanni12 said:

a little joke in between? IN THE TABLE CALCULATION IS ALSO STATED WHEN WHO lets a fart?

Unfortunately the case with competitions is it has to be fair for everyone, especially if prize money is introduced. Comptitions can be fun if people participate fairly and don't take advantage of the rules.

Edited by Valour4Eva
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, k1llerdodo said:

Viem to, ale jeho podpísanie dáva slovo. A čo sme keď nie, aby sme nedodržali slovo. Na P1 platíme všetkým za hodiny, ktoré strávili ešte predtým, ako bola odovzdaná ich hra. Dostávajú peniaze, ktoré dostávame z darov, ktoré máme veľké šťastie, že ich môžeme získať od ľudí, ktorí veria v komunitu. Ak potrebujete viac informácií, musíte hovoriť červenou farbou, vie viac podrobností

I spent a lot of hours building a stadium, a parking garage, several decorative buildings, and bus stops for this game, and so far I haven't received any money for it, so don't lie!!!

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

42 minutes ago, Mello1223 said:

I spent a lot of hours building a stadium, a parking garage, several decorative buildings, and bus stops for this game, and so far I haven't received any money for it, so don't lie!!!

We sent it to your email address, check it for your paypal payment. It's not much but we did not win much. Happy to resend it to any other paypal address you provide. 

Edited by RedEagle_P1.
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Aleš Ulm said:

Hi, everyone! 

Let me just quickly react. Unfortunately, due to poor wording from our end, we let a situation happen that angered a few of you. This is on us - but we feel punishing the players (by not letting them play amazing games - be it old or new) is not the right way to solve this issue. The next time, when we announce the next round of this competition (yes, this is far from being over) we will make sure we discuss with you the rules and what they imply. But overall let me say thank you all for all the amazing games you all made. We are very much looking forward to playing them and judging them, but I can already say now, that choosing the best game will be very difficult :) 

it is written there clearly, the games should not have been published before,then why waste time writing rules you don't want to follow? it's a waste of time...

• Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

@RedEagle_P1. why are you (and others P1) downvoting? P1 is creating toxic environment in the community, and you state "P1 is a non toxic community". Open your eyes...

people is right, you (your team) published a game that is already on Tencent. That city map is almost 2 years old and the game itself with pursuit is around 1 year old. You are using a map which other contestestants helped you out. You are playin VERY VERY LOW. What a shame and disappointment. Go ahead and downvote me aswell, i dont care.

To be honest im tired of your bad posts about the game. Stop it!

Rules say "original content", which is not the case with this map.

What a shame!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

Whatever It is but I like so much so much that i can't defined more . P1 is a good creator's community .

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Please let me elaborate a little bit more on the current situation.

This competition has two goals - get more games on Workshop and award creators for their passion and ingenuity. In October when P1 asked us if they could participate in the competition with the games that were submitted to Tencent competition our reasoning was, that those are games that players here should see as well and the time and passion their creators put into making those enables them to be part of the competition. At that time we didn't realize all the consequences of that decision and that it can be viewed as quite problematic. 

However, please understand that the games will be judged by people from various Ylands "departments" and that the fact that P1 games had more time to create and polish their games do not make them automatic winners. There are so many aspects to every game, its ingenuity, potential... I honestly don't know what the outcome will be because my vote is just one of several, but I can assure you, that there's a lot of great games to choose from. 

Once again I apologize for getting both sides (P1 and other creators) into this uncomfortable position and I promise that we will do better as the competition continues.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Aleš Ulm said:

Please let me elaborate a little bit more on the current situation.

This competition has two goals - get more games on Workshop and award creators for their passion and ingenuity. In October when P1 asked us if they could participate in the competition with the games that were submitted to Tencent competition our reasoning was, that those are games that players here should see as well and the time and passion their creators put into making those enables them to be part of the competition. At that time we didn't realize all the consequences of that decision and that it can be viewed as quite problematic. 

However, please understand that the games will be judged by people from various Ylands "departments" and that the fact that P1 games had more time to create and polish their games do not make them automatic winners. There are so many aspects to every game, its ingenuity, potential... I honestly don't know what the outcome will be because my vote is just one of several, but I can assure you, that there's a lot of great games to choose from. 

Once again I apologize for getting both sides (P1 and other creators) into this uncomfortable position and I promise that we will do better as the competition continues.

I already mentioned this to Adam, but while I'm still frustrated by the outcome and the irresponsibility of the ylands team for even allowing this to occur, it's nice to at least see some acknowledgement of the mistakes made and attempts at remedying the issues created. I only hope the judges take all the issues brought forward from threads and direct messages into serious consideration when they judge the submissions and that the judges are fair in their scoring. I'll definitely be messaging you and Adam in the near future in regards to future competitions.

Edited by Valour4Eva
  • Like 1

What’s unfortunate about this thread is all of the personal attacks. Ylands is definitely the best we work together to create an amazing community and celebrate each other’s creations.

At the end of the day there’s gonna be so many more games for people to enjoy. Ylands is going to become popular again because of it and we’re all gonna have more people to play with. 

That means a better future for us all.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

13 minutes ago, RedEagle_P1. said:

What’s unfortunate about this thread is all of the personal attacks. Ylands is definitely the best we work together to create an amazing community and celebrate each other’s creations.

At the end of the day there’s gonna be so many more games for people to enjoy. Ylands is going to become popular again because of it and we’re all gonna have more people to play with. 

That means a better future for us all.

Please don't exaggerate the content of this thread, as only 1 out of the 40+ replies here could be seen as a personal attack. The rest are valid concerns in regards to the competition and submissions.

Edited by Valour4Eva

47 minutes ago, Valour4Eva said:

Please don't exaggerate the content of this thread, as only 1 out of the 40+ replies here could be seen as a personal attack. The rest are valid concerns in regards to the competition and submissions.

You can control what you say, but not how others feel.

This game is awesome, it needed rework on many parts of it to make it work on the latest version and according to the devs it's a valid entry, end of story.

Anything unrelated to the game, should infact be taken to a separate thread or even discord :)

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

19 minutes ago, ClayC said:

You can control what you say, but not how others feel.

This game is awesome, it needed rework on many parts of it to make it work on the latest version and according to the devs it's a valid entry, end of story.

Anything unrelated to the game, should infact be taken to a separate thread or even discord :)

If others feel "attacked" because people are stating legitimate concerns regarding submission validity, that's on them.

Also, it may be a valid entry (only because the ylands team can't punish p1 based on poor communication skills), but its an unethical one. Same assets, same UI, same concept, nothing's changed from June 2020 when this was published for tencet. It's obvious. 

Oh, and everything in this thread is related to the game, so no need to take it to a separate thread or even discord :) 
Anyway, I've said what I needed to say, and the team is already aware of the issues currently present in this submission and the "magic trap run" submission. No need to beat a dead horse. 

Edited by Valour4Eva

5 minutes ago, Valour4Eva said:

It may be a valid entry (only because the ylands team can't punish p1 based on poor communication skills), but its an unethical one, one I hope the judges will take into consideration :) 

Also, everything in this thread is related to the game, so no need to take it to a separate thread or even discord :) 
Anyway, I've said what I needed to say, and the team is already aware of the issues currently present in this submission and the "magic trap run" submission. No need to beat a dead horse. 

Well you done some statements that are not about the game, such as the legal aspect of the contracts, all of P1 members, including myself, know that when we submit any assets to P1, P1 will gain ownership of that asset.

All builders, scripters and the like know that if we win a competition a cut of that prize will go to us via means we choose and that P1 can accommodate, I would not ask Red to show proof of payment publicly, as it may include personal details, which not everyone is comfortable sharing online.

Since you brought up the legality of the contracts, I would call it an agreement more then a contract, which members joining the p1 creators is accepting the terms issued by P1, that in itself is a legal binding agreement, it requires a form of signing from both ends, which P1 acquires in the sign up process. We can elaborate more on the subject, however, I feel this is not the place for such discussion.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

BI has already confirmed that they will not be policing issues between members both in the past and regarding the current situation:

B46BF2B3-E427-4846-8221-DA754776850C.thumb.png.e52cb0fa71e7c1cd951ed9255322b984.png

Let’s move forward in a positive light and keep this topic on track about the game itself.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

They are aware though of the abuse of miscommunication though, where you implied that you would completely revamp and re-work your game(s) @RedEagle_P1. :) 

image.thumb.png.72bba57bcfc4d6574d6d599d12574536.png

I'm not showing the full conversation however because it's private between me and the individual staff member.
But like you mentioned, we'll leave it up to the judges :) I've said what I needed ;) Lets end the conversation there.

Edited by Valour4Eva