Jump to content
P1Gaming.net

[COMPLETED] Police Pursuit

Recommended Posts

All these downvotes from p1 staff are definitely proving my point lmao. just got 20 downvotes from 1 staff member of p1. Sucks to hear the truth I guess 🤷‍♂️
Oop, spoke to soon as they started retracting their downvotes as soon as I mentioned it.

Edited by Valour4Eva

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Valour4Eva said:

All these downvotes from p1 staff are definitely proving my point lmao. just got 20 downvotes from 1 staff member of p1. Sucks to hear the truth I guess 🤷‍♂️
Oop, spoke to soon as they started retracting their downvotes as soon as I mentioned it.

Actually I was reading things and started down voting but I decided that everyone deserves to have their own opinion and so I don't think it's my place to do that. I never worked on any of these games but I am proud of the work that others have done. I'm sorry this has turned into such a toxic issue however I don't think you ever worked on any of these games so I don't know what you are complaining about people getting paid etc. Honestly that's none of your business. If you are feeling insecure that your game might not win because you are afraid that we had too much time on the older ones I think that's a personal issue at this point. I'm sure your game is wonderful too. You should have more faith in your work than to feel the need to attack others. So yes I did start down voting then I decided that I should be a better person and not do that so I removed them. I wish you the best of luck. 

  • Like 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let’s put some things in context. We asked:

E589926D-40B4-4DC2-ACA1-6AF2597E6BA3.thumb.png.a108c6bafe4510f476b9e2d7c9f5cde1.png

That’s what we did we translated the games and we updated them.

Now as you are well aware we are working on radical re-works of many of our games but we felt it’s best to put them on hold for the next competition because we want to do an even better job.

We don’t like to show off our games before they are released but I’ll give you a sneak peek:

DDC2C8C0-E744-462D-8357-C0E922CE1802.thumb.jpeg.0c7e4fe3d8710f3f57b616600bd549bc.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Tinda2004 said:

Actually I was reading things and started down voting but I decided that everyone deserves to have their own opinion and so I don't think it's my place to do that. I never worked on any of these games but I am proud of the work that others have done. I'm sorry this has turned into such a toxic issue however I don't think you ever worked on any of these games so I don't know what you are complaining about people getting paid etc. Honestly that's none of your business. If you are feeling insecure that your game might not win because you are afraid that we had too much time on the older ones I think that's a personal issue at this point. I'm sure your game is wonderful too. You should have more faith in your work than to feel the need to attack others. So yes I did start down voting then I decided that I should be a better person and not do that so I removed them. I wish you the best of luck. 

hahaha oh man. Real piece of work you have here @RedEagle_P1.

1. No I never worked on these games, but I'm aware that they were published in previous competitions, meaning p1 had an unfair advantage over those who started brand new in this competition back in October. Not to mention, nothing was changed as originally promised in messages with ylands staff. They're legit the same games with the same assets, nothing original about them. Just recycled games submitted for prizes.
2. I'm highlighting concerns regarding the validity of this game and "magic trap run", especially where assets from other creators who no longer play this game are being utilized.
3. Who said I was insecure? lmfao. Now who's being toxic. If you at all paid attention to the submissions (which I doubt considering your toxic slander) I clearly stated a long time ago that due to limited time, i couldn't finish my game because of school. Because I didn't feel like submitting a half-baked game, I stated I will work on it and submit it in the next competition. Sorry I don't have a team of 20+ people to make my game ;). Nice attempt btw at insulting someone without facts.
4. Who am I attacking exactly? Please tell me in what way any of my posts were meant as "attacks"

Next

 

Edited by Valour4Eva
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Tinda2004 said:

I don't think you ever worked on any of these games so I don't know what you are complaining about people getting paid etc. Honestly that's none of your business. If you are feeling insecure that your game might not win because you are afraid that we had too much time on the older ones I think that's a personal issue at this point. 

She really has a point though. 

It just feels like for somebody who doesn’t have a game submitted to this competition that you are really engaged and involved with us. We have to think to ourselves why does this concern you so much? You have made 50% of the posts on this forum in regard to us? Why are we so important to you? 

if you care about Ylands so much then wouldn’t you have made posts on other things in the meantime?

I like to believe the best about people but I’m just sharing where she’s coming from. it’s not toxic it makes sense.

Honestly when one person gets involved in other peoples business to such a degree you can’t help but feel it may not be coming from the best place sometimes especially when they have no stake because they didn’t submit anything.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Valour4Eva said:

hahaha oh man. Real piece of work you have here @RedEagle_P1.

Also I think you should have a little bit more respect for her because she has been here for years helping @kimbuck submitting bugs and helping this game grow.

she is like a mother in our community. she really cares for people.

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, RedEagle_P1. said:

Let’s put some things in context. We asked:

E589926D-40B4-4DC2-ACA1-6AF2597E6BA3.thumb.png.a108c6bafe4510f476b9e2d7c9f5cde1.png

That’s what we did we translated the games and we updated them.

Now as you are well aware we are working on radical re-works of many of our games but we felt it’s best to put them on hold for the next competition because we want to do an even better job.

We don’t like to show off our games before they are released but I’ll give you a sneak peek:

DDC2C8C0-E744-462D-8357-C0E922CE1802.thumb.jpeg.0c7e4fe3d8710f3f57b616600bd549bc.jpeg


image.thumb.png.5a00115632055df01b8c3281f23dde88.png

Another message from a member of the staff team. I looked at the game you published and the one from tencet. They're the same game with the same assets.

Edited by Valour4Eva

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, RedEagle_P1. said:

Also I think you should have a little bit more respect for her because she has been here for years helping @kimbuck submitting bugs and helping this game grow.

she is like a mother in our community. she really cares for people.

Sorry, I dont respect people who attack someone with baseless claims of feeling insecure, let alone someone who doesn't use facts and instead bases their insults on pure stipulation. 

Edited by Valour4Eva

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Valour4Eva said:

Sorry, I dont respect people who attack someone with needless claims of feeling insecure. 

I think we should just get back on topic and move on from the stuff.

You said you were done a while back. let’s be done and let’s try to preserve a decent community. 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, RedEagle_P1. said:

She really has a point though. 

It just feels like for somebody who doesn’t have a game submitted to this competition that you are really engaged and involved with us. We have to think to ourselves why does this concern you so much? You have made 50% of the posts on this forum in regard to us? Why are we so important to you? 

if you care about Ylands so much then wouldn’t you have made posts on other things in the meantime?

I like to believe the best about people but I’m just sharing where she’s coming from. it’s not toxic it makes sense.

Honestly when one person gets involved in other peoples business to such a degree you can’t help but feel it may not be coming from the best place sometimes especially when they have no stake because they didn’t submit anything.

 

 


So because 50% of my posts on your game submission are related to the concerns of this game being valid for the competition, means that P1 is somehow important to me and that it's none of my concern? lol, ok then. I may not have a stake in this competition, but the other players who submitted games from scratch back in October do. These are competitors who didn't already have published games in their arsenal from back in June to submit for this competition. Also, stating that I don't care about ylands is a false accusation, hence why I brought up the many issues 2 of your games presented with to the ylands team when judging starts. If rules can be bent in the favor of p1, whats the point of ylands competitions then?

Honestly, you're only dragging this conversation out longer, as I finished my points on page 2.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RedEagle_P1. said:

I think we should just get back on topic and move on from the stuff.

You said you were done a while back. let’s be done and let’s try to preserve a decent community. 

 

Exactly, I was done a while back as I made my points to people reading this thread and the ylands staff team in DM's, yet I keep getting roped back into this lmfao

Edited by Valour4Eva

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Valour4Eva said:

Exactly, I was done a while back as I made my points to people reading this thread and the ylands staff team in DM's, yet I keep getting roped back into this lmfao

OK good let’s agree to be done then because I don’t think this is good for the community and I don’t think this is going anywhere. 

I honestly and truly wish you the best and I look forward to your game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi there!

I can't see how the situation is unfair, because the truth is anyone could have submited a game they made before competition was annouced as long as they weren't shared on ylands workshop. The only difference is that you wouldn't know it, therefore I don't think we had any form of unfair advantage over others. At the end of the day the effort we put in as well as number of hours we worked are real as  everybody else did. We have all equal chances in this competition.

So i hope you can see where we are coming from one day. We are just people who wish to share their creations with others and enjoy the nice commnuty Ylands is famous for. We do what we do because we love doing it and we love doing it as a team not for the selfish means non we are trying to get any sort of unfair advantages over others. I don't think there is any more point contuining this so i hope this message to be the last one in this post concerning those issues. 

Let's jsut all focus on a brighter tommorrow and on beign the best versions of ourselves.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, FavoryPluto said:

Hi there!

I can't see how the situation is unfair, because the truth is anyone could have submited a game they made before competition was annouced as long as they weren't shared on ylands workshop. The only difference is that you wouldn't know it, therefore I don't think we had any form of unfair advantage over others. At the end of the day the effort we put in as well as number of hours we worked are real as  everybody else did. We have all equal chances in this competition.

So i hope you can see where we are coming from one day. We are just people who wish to share their creations with others and enjoy the nice commnuty Ylands is famous for. We do what we do because we love doing it and we love doing it as a team not for the selfish means non we are trying to get any sort of unfair advantages over others. I don't think there is any more point contuining this so i hope this message to be the last one in this post concerning those issues. 

Let's jsut all focus on a brighter tommorrow and on beign the best versions of ourselves.

And I get roped back in again...
Im gonna keep this short and sweet:

Basically all I see here is an excuse defending the basis that it's ok to submit published games that placed in other competitions. Players, who had no knowledge of ylands competitions except for this one had no motivation to make games competitively. This is also why you don't see these games in other ylands competitions. The whole purpose of this competition was actually for more games to appear on the workshop, meaning very few people were making games at this time except. Combine this, along with the fact that you're basically reusing 2 games that PLACED 3rd in the tencet competition (proving how polished these games already are) means p1 had an unfair advantage reusing them for this competition.

I'm done arguing over this, as many people I've spoken with (other than p1 staff and members) have agreed on the points I've made, including the staff.

You have a wonderful day.

Edited by Valour4Eva
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@RedEagle_P1. personal attacks started when you downvoted people who didnt deserve it. Not to mention other  topic posts that were downvoted without any reason. In Ales answer i understand he said they made a "mistake" on rules and your maps would be disqualifed.

Its just to say you made a suspence concerning what P1 was working on until the last day and you ebded up submiting somethin old and against the rules. But if BI team allows it, i have to accept it even i didnt enter the competition.

I just was expecting a new cool stuff from P1.

I rest my case.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jc  you shouldn’t take it so personally when people down vote it’s just a way of saying I don’t agree with this opinion.

Also you shouldn’t accuse people out of the blue because we asked very clearly if we could do it and they said we can and we did.

F21C2E35-6879-4059-889E-7569C2AEBC1C.thumb.png.67af0a26d2418e2f6892288c80524ddb.png

 

Edited by RedEagle_P1.
  • Like 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, RedEagle_P1. said:

Also you shouldn’t accuse people out of the blue because we asked very clearly if we could do it and they said we can and we did.

Yes, we have allowed it, but as Aleš stated, that was a mistake on our part, because we didn't consider, what an unfair advantage this would mean.

We should've not allowed it in the first place and stuck to the rules as they were written or at least publicly (so everyone was aware) set out clear requirements for using something, that was used already in a different competition elsewhere months or years ago.
These requirements would be something in line of being able to use elements of the previously used game, but not just translating and updating an old game for the purpose of the competition.

Again we are sorry for this mistake and we will take great care not to make it again in the next competition coming soon. The first competition was for us always a testing ground for our next competitions and so at least we have learned, what works and what doesn't 😒

At this point, we will not disqualify any games for the reason of them being used before, since we did allow it in a private message, but again I'd like to reiterate Aleš's point, that our judges will be looking at multiple different aspects of each game: fun-factor, game design, ease of play, replayability, aesthetics and more and while we haven't had time to play all the games yet, there are plenty of other superb games in the competition right now besides P1's (whose games are also great) so it will be a very tight competition 😊

I do hope we can move past this because if anyone is at fault, it is us, for which we apologise sincerely once more.

Stay classy Ylanders 😇

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Again we are sorry for this mistake and we will take great care not to make it again in the next competition coming soon. The first competition was for us always a testing ground for our next competitions and so at least we have learned, what works and what doesn't

nuff said 🙂

Trying, learning, getting better 👍

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×