zarwil

Can't eat food in multiplayer explore

Question

My gf and I can't eat food in multiplayer explore. Game just says "I'm not ready yet". Restarting game and map doesn't fix it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

18 replies to this bug / suggestion

39 minutes ago, zarwil said:

My gf and I can't eat food in multiplayer explore. Game just says "I'm not ready yet". Restarting game and map doesn't fix it.

Yep, we are going to check it out in the morning. Seems to be happening pretty often. Thanks for the report. Output_logs always welcome ?

You can find them here: \Program Files(86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Ylands\Ylands_Data

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, zarwil said:

I can confirm this, same thing with me. 

• Like 1

Just now, Adam Snellgrove said:

Yep, we are going to check it out in the morning. Seems to be happening pretty often. Thanks for the report. Output_logs always welcome ?

You can find them here: \Program Files(86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Ylands\Ylands_Data

Here ya go. Mining is pretty much broken at the moment as well. After digging a litte all the ite ms you mine just freeze in the air and can't be interacted with. Once you reload you can pick them up. 

output_log.txt

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Same happens on single player explore. I went through 20 bandages trying not to starve to death before I logged out. Can't eat a thing. It worked for a bit then suddenly stopped and says I'm not ready. I noticed the mining issue as well. Rocks floating that you cannot interact with. Included the output logs.

output_log.txt

output_log_clean.txt

• Like 1

I don't truly know if the two coincide but I got onto my bamboo raft from in water and experienced a tposing model bug, to which I then got off and attempted to eat and could not do so due to the "I'm not ready yet". All I know is up until the last time I was hungry everything was fine. Please get this fixed.

Edited by iZambeh

i encountered it  intermittently ...  on one  game i couldnt  ...joined another  with a friend  and i could and he  couldnt ...   he's game is now offline  so went back to the first  game where i could eat  and  now i cannot

And  no  MP  reraly ...     

Sorry   guys   this  half  baked  approach is  not  working.

The  hype  was nice   but i  am giving up being a game tester ...   maybe   in 1.6 .  IKF it  ever arrives ,  and then  possibly   1.7  1.8  1.9  1.n tot eh  n-1

I am getting   disappointed  with   ylands.  Its   BROKEN  and i am not the only   voice  crying in the wilderness.

• Like 1

Here are some logs. When I first start the game, I was able to eat, but after I left the spawn island and slept, I couldn't eat any longer. I let myself get killed and went back to spawn. Still can't eat anything. Attached are my log files. 

output_log.txt

output_log_clean.txt

masochisitic  me tried  again ... i deleted  progress under settings  etc ...  started again ..but  no barrier   oh well

all seems  ok  i   re built   up  some   weapons and  clothing  ...  sailed and  visited  2  islands ,  built a temp  shelter and  logged out for  dinner   .    came back    and  all worked   including  feeding.

Had to go to rl  for  20  mins   .. so  made another  shelter on another island ..put  down a bed  again ...logged out.

Came  back  30  mins later     at correct place ...  but   unable to feed .

tried  diff  foods ...  diff places -  logged out  and  back  and whatever ...still  unable to feed .

Game is useless  as it is ..

will it be fixed  before     xmas?

hopefully  yes  but  from  past experience ... i doubt it.

Game still broken ...ohh its  got  new stuff,,  look  see ...    but whats the use  if its  basically   broken?

logs  not  provided as i am tired of sending them in ...  spent  more time   sending logs  than playing the  game

• Like 1

I’ve done some experimenting with regards to the mining/drop issue. The items become pickable again after a quick relog. Not great but it’s a temp workaround.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, kimbuck said:

masochisitic  me tried  again ... i deleted  progress under settings  etc ...  started again ..but  no barrier   oh well

all seems  ok  i   re built   up  some   weapons and  clothing  ...  sailed and  visited  2  islands ,  built a temp  shelter and  logged out for  dinner   .    came back    and  all worked   including  feeding.

Had to go to rl  for  20  mins   .. so  made another  shelter on another island ..put  down a bed  again ...logged out.

Came  back  30  mins later     at correct place ...  but   unable to feed .

tried  diff  foods ...  diff places -  logged out  and  back  and whatever ...still  unable to feed .

Game is useless  as it is ..

will it be fixed  before     xmas?

hopefully  yes  but  from  past experience ... i doubt it.

Game still broken ...ohh its  got  new stuff,,  look  see ...    but whats the use  if its  basically   broken?

logs  not  provided as i am tired of sending them in ...  spent  more time   sending logs  than playing the  game

So sorry to hear that, we're looking into the hunger issue right now. We would like to have it fixed for the hotfix expected this Thursday.

Thanks for the feedback and sorry for the frustration.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Unfortunately, the same applies to me: I can no longer eat anything and some objects (stones, trees, etc.) cannot be removed. This happened to me when I was levelling the earth with the shovel.

Keep it up! I am really looking forward to the new Expolration!

Many greetings,
Marc

output_log.txt

• Like 1

Thank goodness! I will have to wait a few days to play again because I refuse to play it while constantly starving. (It's like having an open wound you can't heal) Glad you found the problem though.

• Like 1

Spiritchaser said ..."Thank goodness! I will have to wait a few days to play again because I refuse to play it while constantly starving. (It's like having an open wound you can't heal) 

More like  driving a long distance with your mother--in-law as a passenger  who has   failed  multiple  driving tests  but insists she tell you how to drive ...non stop!

:)

Edited by kimbuck
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

So it is fixed for new characters and for those, that restart their adventures. For already existing Exploration games it will be fixed later on today.

• Thanks 1