RedEagle_P1.

Ylands 1.5, what’s the verdict?

Way too early to tell. At least for me.  It seems to be still somewhat an early experimental beta stage and not an actual "release" of 1.5, which I am fine with as I think they needed to get SOMETHING out to us.  I mean, the 1.5 beta branch before was really just an EDITOR test and not really exploration, and if 1.5 update is all about exploration, I am not sure I learned anything from that beta. 

With today's "release" of 1.5, I cannot tell what changes actually are still in "testing/experimental mode" versus a permanent change in features. Can we really only have one saved world, and need to delete it before restarting a fresh or different game? Is this single pregenerated world the only possible "world," we can no longer generate fresh new worlds with a single click in "EXPLORE" mode?  I tried creating a new world in the editor using Exploration default but it seems to be the legacy exploration and not the 1.5, plus I get a notice I cannot save progress after exporting it locally and trying to "play" it as a singleplayer game, so i dunno what is up with that.  Also my computer has been acting up and completely shutting down when I play Ylands today, three times today, may just be a wild coincidence and  possibly  unrelated, but between that and the "can't eat so starve" bug I have not actually gotten very far yet. 

Anyway I am still encouraged by having something - anything - to get our hands on, and I rather gather they are going to be adapting to feedback for at lead another month or two, maybe much longer and that is very promising.  So I am still in the highly optimistic stage, just too soon for me at least to give any sort of "verdict" yet, or even any real initial impressions. So far I have not seen big changes but I just have not gotten far yet.

What is YOUR impressions?

Edited by Sprout
  • Like 1

I am confused how to put stuff on a server, right now I dont think you can. So far it seems smaller islands = less buggy while the teleport creates more to explore. I think things are going in the right direction. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RedEagle_P1. said:

What do you guys honestly think of 1.5 so far?

so far I like it. the bugs are a tad annoying but that's understandable and I'm sure they'll fix them soon. I will say this, I don't like the way the head bobs about when moving and aiming with a ranged weapon. It feels weird and silly. This is just my personal preference

• Like 2

17 hours ago, IEuphe said:

so far I like it. the bugs are a tad annoying but that's understandable and I'm sure they'll fix them soon. I will say this, I don't like the way the head bobs about when moving and aiming with a ranged weapon. It feels weird and silly. This is just my personal preference

Hopefully the hot patch fixes that stuff.

• Like 1

I’ve had a right blast! Obviously the Starvation bug is a huge game-breaker for some, but I’ve got a crude workaround of selective suicide to keep it at bay.

I have built my Steamship and have taken to living on the move. Now that coal is no longer as limited, I can keep my ships steam engines running without fear.

I haven’t decided where to set up my home so my barrier remains unplaced. I usually settle on Polar Biomes. I am working on a new set of blueprints for my ideal home however so hopefully I’ll place an over-elaborate home soon! :D

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Deadeye_Rob said:

I’ve had a right blast! Obviously the Starvation bug is a huge game-breaker for some, but I’ve got a crude workaround of selective suicide to keep it at bay.

I have built my Steamship and have taken to living on the move. Now that coal is no longer as limited, I can keep my ships steam engines running without fear.

I haven’t decided where to set up my home so my barrier remains unplaced. I usually settle on Polar Biomes. I am working on a new set of blueprints for my ideal home however so hopefully I’ll place an over-elaborate home soon! :D

I am glad you are loving it, glad to see explore back on track! 

What I would like to see is something like a player-made hub of sorts. I’d like someone’s harbour to be visited and built on by others to form some kind of central port.

Something like that would have to evolve under considerable effort I believe.

50 minutes ago, Mehdi-f6808868466c1249 said:

It would be great if P1 made like a hub so all players can meet each other, trade... @RedEagle_P1.

We are working on it but it won't work code-wise until 1.6. Thanks though :D