Sign in to follow this  
NoNoNumGum

This community has fallen

First of all, when I first got this game, the community was all about sharing creations and reporting bugs and suggesting features. I come back after a month and there is a civil war eating this community from the inside out. I honestly don't understand what happened. I did however look over some posts and have seen how all this fuss was worked up. It started because players are getting irritated about how the devs are doing things and then there are people defending the devs. I completely understand both arguments. 

Some of you are complaining about how the game is being developed and others are defending the devs.

So really I am just curious as to how this community has so quickly been divided like this. My take is that the devs released the 2017 trailer and it was advertising an exploration game. Then the devs started making this an editor instead of exploration. This irritated me since it feels like the devs were trying to cover up the 2017 trailer. Like they never even had an exploration game. But then again it is the devs' game and they decide want they want to do with it. 

Maybe there are more editor players...Maybe not...All I can say is that the reason there are more editor players is because the exploration players have stopped playing since this game took a turn. 

I just wanted to voice my opinion on matters, thats all.

tl;dr - Community is divided; Devs falsely advertised the course of this game (2017 trailers says it exploration, new trailer says mainly editor); devs have right to decide what they do with their game

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

I've gotten the game during 2017 when it first came out with a buddy, and we've had constant fun (though it was buggy, still fun since it was brand new) but recently we've revisited and it almost feels like exploration hasn't even been a focus, and as you mention they're much more worried about the editor rather than the exploration which more people are going to want to play. I mean trying the game again this week when the new exploration update came out, there's just a lot of bugs like not being able to eat, pick up things, etc.. and now there's been a hotfix planned on Thursday rather than today OR tomorrow by the latest which in my opinion kind of shows pretty poor decision making, as not being able to eat is pretty game breaking and doesn't allow you to progress because you're having to die constantly and respawn. I'm not trying to be mean but like it's no real wonder why it's been stuck for 3 years and hasn't gotten where it needs to be, there should definitely be better decision making like releasing a hotfix early so that players aren't leaving your game because they simply can't play it.

Edited by Strikeless
  • Like 3