tinter

Your last session is no longer reachable

This is the message I get on the map screen.

When I start a new exploration game and leave it, going to the map screen will show that message and I am unable to load my game. Nothing happens when I click on any of the islands. Deleting exploration world progress will let me start a new world and play again.

It will also show up if I open the map ingame and switch to the region map.

For reference, I am playing on linux through Proton 5.13-4, although I hope that isn't gonna be a barrier to fixing this issue.

On 12/16/2020 at 11:46 PM, Adam Snellgrove said:

This should hopefully be fixed in tomorrow hotfix. Please let us know, if the problem still occurs after that.

It appears to be fixed now, thank you.

Posted (edited)

Hi dev team,

thanks for creating such a nice peace of work. It's already fun to play the game, even if some things don't work on my end. But that's partly my decision. I know the game isn't dedicated to linux yet. But the basic game ist running so far.

I have nearly the same problem like the original thread author, except I cannot start over new, if I delete the game progress. Only I'm playing it with Linux Mint 19.1 Cinnamon version 4.0.10 kernel 4.15.0-96-generic and through Proton 5.13-6.

I get the message "Your last Session is no longer reachable" on the regional map screen, if I leave the game on any single player local map an try to resume the game later. The message even appears after some minutes if I'm still on this map.

When I start a new exploration game and leave it on a single player map, going to the regioanal map screen will show that message and I am unable to load my game from the last session. Nothing happens when I click on any of the island-buttons. Deleting exploration world progress will let me start a new world and play again (with the same results).

Even if I leave the game on a multiplyer local map, the single player ones won't be available at the next start of the game.

The game seems failing to find the proper paths to the savegame directories. Games and scenarios are saved in their respective folders. But even in other game modes than exploration, they don't show up (e.g. in the editor). No files are loading and no access to export folder is possible in the editor. The menu, that should contain the savegame-list is empty (games and scenarios). Player created games, that I play without the sharegame option, do not show up in the games tab within the player detail menu. No game, that I created shows up there.

Also the game doesn't seem to remember settings, like sound settings. Everything is on default settings with every new start of ylands via steam.

Multiplayer games and sharegames seem to work fine.

Hope these informations give you some clue, what the problem might be.

Thanks for the possibility to report bugs and for caring about the community.

(I think with some little improvements to the game description on steam about, what the game is and what different kinds of playing modes and possibilities it offers, more players will join it soon. The improved organisation of the main menu and the ingame hints for the different playing modes are helping a lot. Good job.)

Greetings,

Falkenkopf

Edited by Falkenkopf
better description of the bug
  • Upvote 2

Posted (edited)

I convinced my friend Falkenkopf to give yland another chance and I was delighted that he had changed his mind about the game in such a positive way.

Now I am sad that he has not received any feedback on his problem since March 30. Sure the game is not designed for Linux, but the implementation program can do so much. Can't you do the rest too? It would be another potential player if you could say it runs on linux.

Please what do the 36 employees at ylands do, if they are not able to give a feedback and if the answer is "it doesn't work". That would at least be an answer. But nothing is just too little.

@Aleš Ulm(i don't know if it is right)
@Nikki Severin

Edited by lady_whynot
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2