Sign in to follow this  
jchob

1.5 exploration | Questions

Hey there explorers 😁

So, after 1 year, yes it has been 1 year since I played exploration i got some questions about the new system.

So, I opened my map and it says something like "share multiplayer with your friends". So i opened options and published it. That does mean other players can enter my world map? If i put a password, does it mean they will need it to enter my map even if they are on my friends list?

Or if i dont put any password, does it means any player can come and gather the resources from my map? What is the state of resources respawn?

Do i have to be online for others to visit me like the "old map sharing"?

If so, What happens if im in a friend map and he goes offline? Will i get back to my map with my ship?

Edited by jchob

hey jchobs i believe if you put a password they will need the password to join i thank Adam did it in the last live stream and yes it happen to me i fall asleep while in a friends world and when i got back on i couldnt join their world and went back to mine and my ship came with me

• Thanks 1

So, I opened my map and it says something like "share multiplayer with your friends". So i opened options and published it. That does mean other players can enter my world map? If i put a password, does it mean they will need it to enter my map even if they are on my friends list?

Yes other player's can stumble upon your yland(the game that you published). If you password your game, only player's that get the game from your through share feature will be able to get to it. Players that you share your game with don't need the password even if there is one on your game.

You can share any active multiplayer game from your map with your friends by clicking the share button on the desired yland in the Region map.

image.png

Do i have to be online for others to visit me like the "old map sharing"?

yes other players can find your game in their maps if you don't put password on. Resources do not respawn as of right now, but you can always find new pristine ylands so there should be no shortage of resources for those willing to look for them :).

Or if i dont put any password, does it means any player can come and gather the resources from my map? What is the state of resources respawn?

If you simply publish your game you need to be in it for it to be available to anyone else. If you want to have a game that can be available for others even if you're offline, you can always setup a Sharegame or rent high performance dedicated server.

If so, What happens if im in a friend map and he goes offline? Will i get back to my map with my ship?

If you're in a friend's map and he goes offline you will be transported back to the Region map and you can choose another map to sail to. Your maps and your ship are not affected by this and are always available to you.

• Thanks 2

Thanks you all, i already tested some of my questions.

But a friend of mine camw to.my map and picked me in his ship. We went to his land. Then when he went to drop.me again back in my land he said the ship couldnt travel. I have mape shared with him. Any thoughts?

14 hours ago, equieri said:

Yes other player's can stumble upon your yland(the game that you published). If you password your game, only player's that get the game from your through share feature will be able to get to it. Players that you share your game with don't need the password even if there is one on your game.

You can share any active multiplayer game from your map with your friends by clicking the share button on the desired yland in the Region map.

image.png

yes other players can find your game in their maps if you don't put password on. Resources do not respawn as of right now, but you can always find new pristine ylands so there should be no shortage of resources for those willing to look for them :).

If you simply publish your game you need to be in it for it to be available to anyone else. If you want to have a game that can be available for others even if you're offline, you can always setup a Sharegame or rent high performance dedicated server.

If you're in a friend's map and he goes offline you will be transported back to the Region map and you can choose another map to sail to. Your maps and your ship are not affected by this and are always available to you.

ok thank you @equieri

13 hours ago, jchob said:

Thanks you all, i already tested some of my questions.

But a friend of mine camw to.my map and picked me in his ship. We went to his land. Then when he went to drop.me again back in my land he said the ship couldnt travel. I have mape shared with him. Any thoughts?

not sure @jchob that might be a better ? for @Adam Snellgrove or someone from the dev team 

Edited by bobo198312