Deadeye_Rob

Flintlock Mansion (Grand Design for Exploration 1.5

Ill make this one quick!

Yes yes my attention flips back and forth! So after playing as a roving merchant on Exploration I have come to the conclusion. "I need a home to store all my riches and wealth!"

I still have my barrier generator and I'm reluctant to place it until I know the conditions of settling on a map that isn't my starting one. Ideally I want to build a permanent residence in the polar islands. Is this possible without the threat of data loss?

Anywho, as you know I'm a big fan of the Dishonored Franchise. I was enjoying my weekly binge of Dishonored 2 last Monday and I became fascinated with the architecture and design of the Clockwork Mansion. For those of you who have played this game you'll know exactly what I'm referring to when I mention this level! For those of you who don't, please refer to the concept image I've been basing my designs on.

Mansion.jpg.f2810acb1ece7569f0f4ed24edee91aa.jpg

-The Clockwork Mansion, once a former observatory it now functions as the residence of Karnaca's Grand Inventor, Kirin Jindosh.

I find the construction of the building aesthetically fantastic, whilst also similar to a fortress. This is the perfect combination of attributes when planning a home in Ylands! The main entrance is on the left-wing of the structure with a glass covered access bridge leading to the Laboratory, which will function in Ylands as my crafting room. In the Dishonored Franchise, access to the site is only achievable via a cable-car system. In Ylands however, this will be replaced with a small vessel dock built to the same architectural standard as the rest of the site.

Here is my progress thus far. The Atrium interior is complete with the exception of the electric lighting systems. My next objective will be to design the layout for the Main hall which will be the main access hub to the rest of the house.

20201218230740_1.thumb.jpg.1ecc550d14ddcff3c4f1978c2bcde847.jpg

Naturally It is impossible to make a perfect likeness of the mansions layout and design. But I have attempted to get the impression as close to the original as possible! Once complete, it is my intention to capture this monolithic structure into a blueprint and construct it legitimately within my Exploration 1.5 map.

I'd love to see your feedback. Cheers guys!

Rob

• Like 3

Update

20201223145717_1.thumb.jpg.b266283a75a887c479d737be0985960f.jpg

-Outside view overlooking entrance courtyard. This will eventually lead down to a simple dockside for visiting ships.

I've decided to be very detailed in my construction. In order not to break the blueprint I may have to break the whole completed construction into several individual parts! Nevertheless, here's my work so far. I hope the level of detail is enough to impress!

20201223145631_1.thumb.jpg.1b59cfacdcb4cdcb18d4cf2e75d75fd9.jpg

-Corridor with embedded custom bookcases.

Due to the precise details and style I want. I have decided to custom-build a lot of furniture. As I am using a lot of normal blocks in their design, they will automatically be present in the blueprint!

That's all for now. Merry Christmas guys!

• Like 4

5 hours ago, empeorgame3 said:

When you are uploading .

It’s a long way off completion but this design won’t be uploaded.

Once I’ve build it you will be able to see it at my private residence on 1.5 ?

2 hours ago, empeorgame3 said:

Private residence whats this means

It will be the house that I shall build for my island base on 1.5. It will not be available for public download at the moment.

Wow, amazing.
I don't know that building, but from the reference picture and ylands picture, you got it :)

Keep updating some pictures, and I would love to visit it once you place it on your map

Update!

20210119124814_1.thumb.jpg.b7ff8902371612ac7eeb4b07f73761a9.jpg

Its been a while since I've posted any updates but i'm still going! Like a greedy child, i have too much on my plate in the form of multiple projects! Both running Karnaca and working on my mansion have kept me busy! Heres a little teaser of the external improvements. I have introduced further decorations including a pleasing skylight that will form part of the main atrium to my house! I intend to have my various relics and oddities on display from my travels! More interior pictures soon!

• Like 6

Update!

I've been hard at work again developing my personal residence! I must say, it's really coming along nicely. Due to certain architectural conflicts between the exterior and interior floor plans, I've had to alter the layout of the interior slightly. I think it still looks great however and Im well on the way to capturing the Dishonored feel! After all, I need to give the impression that I'm a mad inventor don't I?

I've taken the liberty to throw in some furnishings here and there to further demonstrate the finished project. Once I have built this legitimately in Exploration, then I can start populating it with furnishings and goodies!

20210127080029_1.thumb.jpg.4e4bec851d6894dbae53b09413b35e0c.jpg

-Main atrium interior North. Display cabinets are constructed from blueprint friendly blocks and will spawn as part of the blueprint. Cunning use of lighting was the key to creating a Dishonored-like atmosphere.

20210127080103_1.thumb.jpg.56e679fc2a74ba8edbbe7a99c82a7d3a.jpg

-Main atrium interior South. I've created and applied my personal Monogram *Flintlock Trading Company*, which adorns the doorway to my private quarters. I've taken to using this monogram as a type of 'signature' for my work. =D

20210127080128_1.thumb.jpg.1e89698703ac6378cb9ce58bbdf28e96.jpg

-Main atrium interior from above. The sweeping staircase was more tricky than it looks. Quite frequently, characters can get stuck due to the high elevation. I'm pleased to say that this has been resolved and boy does it look good!

The main Atrium will function as the primary function room in my home. I will have various trinkets and relics on display from my adventures here. The second tier will be accessible via the sweeping staircase which will grant access to my laboratory and all my crafting stations therein. As previously mentioned, the monogram adorned doorway will lead to my private chambers. I will be installing various security systems to ensure certain areas remain off limits to guests.

20210127080157_1.thumb.jpg.2ca50c6cd77db16481e38127b6708c78.jpg

-Library Balcony. Whilst not part of the original concept design, I liked the idea of a balcony that would lead to some sort of garden. It was born from a failed attempt to link the top floor atrium with the bottom. I still like it though!

That's it for now! I'm hoping to complete the upper tier atrium next, including another skylight, display units and the doorway to the laboratory! Exciting times!

• Like 7

Yet another Update!

You're in for a treat! I took advantage of my own momentum today and threw together some quick designs for the upper tier atrium! Enjoy!

20210127160636_1.thumb.jpg.cccd91c5c9aeecaf3a3ec1bd40f86273.jpg

-Upper Atrium. This is the view from the balcony. It seemed fitting to adorn the doorway to my laboratory with a quote from Nikola Tesla.

20210127160733_1.thumb.jpg.8a8429192b8e6e1477cd80b10d00c5db.jpg

-I've spent more effort and time making sure the ceiling panels are just as detailed -if not more- than the rest of the structure.

I wanted to try something different with this section of my house. Taking some designs I was going to implement into my Royal conservatory Project, I imported them here. The steel reinforced columns work very well I think. They also merge brilliantly with the skylight. I have left plenty of vacant spaces behind walls and in ceilings so when I decide to 'animate' the rooms as they are in the game, I will have the capacity to do so! Until then however, my quest for the ultimate exploration home continues!

Next -definitely not today- I will look to make some final touches to this area of the house. After that I will begin building the glass-windowed bridge to my laboratory. Maybe even some quick designs on my own chambers!

Id love to read your feedback guys!

Rob

• Like 4