spiritchaser28

UNDER REVIEW [YLD-28147] Game unresponsive after exiting exploration

Question

Not sure why, but this has happened 3 times already. I leave explore and it shows me the spinning circle, then it freezes and the game becomes unresponsive. It does save my progress so I'm not terribly worried about it. Just don't like shutting the game down with windows prompts. Attached the output logs.

output_log.txt

output_log_clean.txt

Edited by spiritchaser28

24 replies to this bug / suggestion

The crashes and glitches are getting worse. I crashed once while I was in the process of building a ship. Game just suddenly closed without warning. I didn't think to save the logs the first time because it had been saving my progress when it happened, but this time it did not. It did a weird rollback. Everything I had added to the ship blueprint was still there, however I was missing about 60 Ylandium crystals and 600 iron ingots and 200 sisal from my inventory.  I checked where I had previously placed them before the crash and they were nowhere to be found. In my inventory were duplicate items of things I had already put up. So suddenly I had 2 sets of samurai armor instead of 1, etc. I wrote it off as a bad glitch and continued to build my ship then it crashed again. Same thing, duplicated inventory. (Now 3 samurai armor sets) Ship still had everything I put there. But Crystals, Iron and other missing items never returned. I saved the log from the second crash this time. Another odd thing about the second crash was a friend who was helping me left to go to his island map to make more cloth and it had rolled back to the point on his map that he suddenly had the 240 cloth he just gave me before he left.

output_log_clean.txt

output_log.txt

Edited by spiritchaser28

Okay now it's getting messy. I got no responses for these posts and yet this nonsense has to be fixed. Travelling to a different region i explore again and game became unresponsive. I hate using task manager to close it down every single time ... seriously guys and gals at Bohemia....fix this.  This should not be something I have to comment on every day. luckily it does not lose progress...but I mean dang....why do the players have to suffer through a 30 minute loading screen? Only to find out the game stopped responding? I am about to go full windows mode just so I can hit the x at the top right to close it down. This shouldn't happen...games are meant to be played, games are not meant to frustrate staring at a spinning wheel that stopped ..only to see this screenshot 

image.png

output_log.txt

output_log_clean.txt

Do I have to keep posting this? Do you folks at bohemia have enough of the output logs? I don't know what else to do but keep posting ..maybe i should come back and continue after the holidays

4 hours ago, spiritchaser28 said:

Do I have to keep posting this?

Adam said "Well one set of logs per unique problem I'd say. So if it is still the same server connection problem, then I think we have the needed info. If we need more, I'd let you know" when I asked about multiple output logs for the same problem. If you think it is multiple errors, then more output logs would be good.

• Like 1

Thank you very much for the logs. Sorry for not responding sooner, I was on Holiday. I will send it over to QA immediately and hopefully, they can figure out, what's going on ?

• Thanks 1

It seems it is a problem with insufficient memory ? Could you please also send us your crash logs, when it happens again? Would give us more clues as to where precisely the problem lies. You can find them here: C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Local\Temp\Bohemia Interactive\Ylands\Crashes

• Thanks 1

Could you please send me the map you were currently on, when it last happened? That might help the QA team zero in on the problem. You can find it here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\841649436\298610\remote\SaveGames

The latest one please ?

• Thanks 1

Well I removed that map...but when it happens again I will definitely do as you suggest. It sometimes happens when I leave the Locust map to go to any other island. I am there quite frequently. It is a multiplayer on a rented server that is password protected....when I move either to or from there from a single player offline server it happens....or if I go from singleplayer to multiplayer public server, same sort of thing....I think maybe it has to do with changing the styles of gameplay....single to multiplayer and vice versa. I decided last night to test how long it would remain unresponsive by leaving a multiplayer online game and going to a single player offline map without doing anything but waiting to see if it became responsive. After waiting a full 45 minutes of looking at  "the program has become unresponsive" message from windows...it finally loaded the single player offline map. Seems to happen to me at least once a day because I do go back and forth between the multiplayer and single player games. So next time it happens I will send you the maps.

• Thanks 1

ditto everything  for me.

regarding   memory, i have  a  2 Tb external  drive  fitted, and   for good measure  run  CCleaner and also    Bitdefender  Optimizer to  clean up  files  etc ..   but  it happened  again  today ..game  hung   when trying to move between islands

Logs  attached

'

output_log_clean.txt

output_log.txt

• Like 1

Yeah my laptop has 1 Tb drive, but I don't run a registry cleaner or anything like that. I usually keep on eye on what files need to go and clean them myself. I also open task manager and close all non essential programs before I play to make the game run a bit smoother..

Ok @Adam Snellgrove It happened again. This time I was leaving the game from exploration. It became unresponsive again. I have included output logs and was going to add the save game data map here, but this forum would not allow the extension type  (.ylandsgame file) I will send it to you through discord.

I noticed earlier there was one island are in particular giving me trouble when trying to go from one map to that map. I deleted it and it still would not let me get in. It wouldn't even allow me to change the name of the map. When that happens again I will forward the info.  

output_log.txt

output_log_clean.txt

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have also been having similar issues with the game becoming unresponsive after exiting exploration back to the main menu. As well as the occasional freeze mid game.

• Upvote 1

Twice today. This time going from one random map to another. Wheel stops spinning....wait 15 minutes....nothing. unresponsive. Restart ylands at same island I was trying to leave. That reminds me...is there any way we can just go to a point on the world map if the game just starts and you know your character is at the edge of the map? What I mean is. I hate loading that map just to load another. It would be nice if when you load the world map you could just choose a region and go there instead of having to be at the edge each time. Especially handy if you are on a laggy map and want to go immediately or when you just fire up the exploration game.

output_log.txt

output_log_clean.txt

Edited by spiritchaser28
  • Thanks 1