Sign in to follow this  
IEuphe

Not enough space

Question

ok so I was continuing to build my ship and sometimes i make a mistake in the design and remove blocks with the hammer whilst being inside my barrier. Today i accidentally destroyed some of my ship floor and when i tried to fix it, the game just kept telling me "there isn't enough space" which there is but i've no idea why it's telling me this. Is this a bug or something else?

This is in exploration experimental.

Ylands_201219_083255.thumb.png.8bfc683fcfdde4c8cd35c456c25e26b7.png

Edited by IEuphe
  • Upvote 1

12 replies to this bug / suggestion

Was the ship in disassemble/construction  mode? Sometimes it will do that if it's assembled. Other reasons could be you are too close to the actual block you are placing and/or the block needs to be rotated to line up correctly. (Press f a few times)

17 minutes ago, spiritchaser28 said:

Was the ship in disassemble/construction  mode? Sometimes it will do that if it's assembled. Other reasons could be you are too close to the actual block you are placing and/or the block needs to be rotated to line up correctly. (Press f a few times)

it's still in construction mode. i haven't assembled it yet and i did try placing the block from afar but still get the same response.

ok so i went back into my game and found that i can place blocks but only in certain spaces. green i can place blocks and red says there is not enough space.

Ylands_201219_083255_LI.thumb.jpg.7fb543728239fe0272ee2576144f50db.jpg

free placing seems to work but is it going to affect the ship in any way? also free placing seems a bit tedious. ?

It won't affect the ship, but yeah it's tedious. You eventually get faster and better at doing it. I sometimes wish there was a better camera angle used when freeplacing. Some of it can feel like you are performing microscopic surgery if you really want an entity to be in a precise place without much overlapping texture.

Random tip: I hold down the right mouse button, use WASD +UJ to put it where I want it (even if it is red) then press V, free-place it, then let go of the right mouse button. While you have the right mouse button down, it will hold it in place.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

On 12/19/2020 at 9:20 PM, ocnoglittle said:

Random tip: I hold down the right mouse button, use WASD +UJ to put it where I want it (even if it is red) then press V, free-place it, then let go of the right mouse button. While you have the right mouse button down, it will hold it in place.

you clever little sod. i'm definitely going to have to try this. Thank you ☺️

Ocnog you absolute gem. it worked and it saved me soo much time. thanks you soo much.

Edited by IEuphe

I have also run into this exact problem. 
have a hard time getting to where it shows the "not enough space" 
my ghosted placements just straight up avoids the bad area. 

20201222093256_1.thumb.jpg.8f7c631bff91886f8cdf9ae00e70874c.jpg

IV even tried to remove more blocks to make it "fit" but then i just make the bad areas bigger. ITs also on my unfinished boat that's still at the dock

Edited by 6Cowa6Bunga6
  • Upvote 1

On 12/19/2020 at 2:20 PM, ocnoglittle said:

This tip just saved my build! Thanks

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, 6Cowa6Bunga6 said:

my ghosted placements just straight up avoids the bad area. 

This sounds like maybe your placement depth got messed up. You can try to adjust it by holding down left control and scrolling the mouse wheel.

13 minutes ago, ocnoglittle said:

This sounds like maybe your placement depth got messed up. You can try to adjust it by holding down left control and scrolling the mouse wheel.

It managed to work everywhere else expect in the few bad spots.
Even when i did the continuous build it just straight up avoided the bad spots and broke the straight lines

Luckly i bypassed it when I learned of the Freeplacement mode