ocnoglittle

Still unable to fix Broken protective barrier in custom scenarios

Question

Unfortunately it seems like we need to reopen [YLD-27519][YLD-27630] Fixed: you were unable to fix Broken protective barrier in custom scenarios.

Before the hotfix, I was unable to repair a protective barrier in Journey to the 12 Kingdoms.

Today, Fish117 and I could not repair them in Origins, even though I had an iron ingot, and an iron hammer. The output logs are for me in YWD Origins today.

output_log.txt

output_log_clean.txt

• Upvote 1

2 replies to this bug / suggestion

As a workaround, setting the unrepaired barrier down, and then picking it up seems to allow the player to fix it in custom games.

Thanks @Christal for this solution!

• Like 1

Journey to the 12 is also not an explore map. It was a custom Archipelago so initially the character did not come with the barrier before they added it. I think it was allowed at one point as an entity to place in the inventory and Spyler and Christal saved it for future use. It could be one of those items that becomes useless in the future like Bear traps, catapults, spike traps etc. What I mean is if you make a custom archipelago today, you won't find the barrier generator in the list of entities.....which is odd that they would not include it in the editor. 

I know they have plans to overhaul the barrier system in 1.6, so most likely the old barriers on Journey and Origins will break.

My main point here is I believe barriers should be allowed as an entity again on all custom maps in editor. Many creators really want that feature.

Edited by spiritchaser28