Sign in to follow this  
Azazil00

Activating Skills in the skill bar selects spots in the inventory bar.

Question

I noticed this a while ago when making certain weapons have skills with them and whenever the skill would be on a different spot than where the item would be in the inventory bar, it would equip whatever item was in that spot, or just unequip the item I currently had when I used the skill.

Forgive me, This is quite hard to explain. What I'm talking about is the two different Hotbars. The one for skills and the one for inventory items. Selections made in the Skill hotbar seem to also select things in the inventory hotbar. This is quite annoying when you want to have certain items give you certain skills because as soon as you use a skill in your hotbar that just happens to be on a different spot than where your item is in the inventory bar, it unequips the item that gives you the skill and makes you have to re-equip it to give the skill back. I hope this made sense. Please let me know if there is anything I can clarify. 

Thank you.

7 replies to this bug / suggestion

Can I see the script that is causing this? I am curious about this (and skills in general) but my script isn't doing it, so I was wondering about the differences that are causing this problem. No pressure, if you don't want to share.

• Upvote 1

On 12/21/2020 at 9:39 AM, ocnoglittle said:

Can I see the script that is causing this? I am curious about this (and skills in general) but my script isn't doing it, so I was wondering about the differences that are causing this problem. No pressure, if you don't want to share.

image.thumb.png.533539ccafae5c43494cae0b39adc00b.png

I know that I can use the event "On added to inventory" instead, but I want the player to have to hold this item specifically to be able to use the skills because otherwise the animations would look weird. 

Edited by Azazil00

32 minutes ago, Azazil00 said:

image.thumb.png.533539ccafae5c43494cae0b39adc00b.png

I know that I can use the event "On added to inventory" instead, but I want the player to have to hold this item specifically to be able to use the skills because otherwise the animations would look weird. 

Ok so I just replicated your script using an event listener, and upon equipping a weapon, the skills are added and I can use the skills freely so long as I have the sword equipped. The issue you're having where the item is de-selected upon using the skill is not occurring for me. Could I see the settings for the logic these script tiles are in? Please @ me so i can see the notification and can respond quickly :) 

[EDIT]: based on your screenshot, I noticed you're scripting the actual weapon and not using an event listener. So I did the same thing by scripting the weapon and upon using the skills attached to it, it doesn't de-select the weapon as you are experiencing. Are you using any other logics? also, whats that bit of script to the right of that screenshot? Just trying to figure out what the issue may be as it seems its a script issue.

Edited by Valour4Eva
  • Thanks 1

Hi, sorry it's been so long. I haven't had time to play, let alone create something to show you, until now that is. Here's a video of a small example of exactly what I'm doing to get this result. Sorry for the poor quality.

Edited by Azazil00