Sign in to follow this  
SandyT

RESOLVED On Far East biome - tea trees won't bloom

Question

I'm not able to harvest tea leaves as the tea trees never mature. Also, when you cut one down, it doesn't give you any seeds. I assume it is because it is still immature. Would you be able to look into this? Thanks!

Sandy

4 replies to this bug / suggestion

I finally found a mature tea plant in the wild after mining for several in-game days and coming back to the same map 3 times. The map was also T3 if that makes a difference. I am not sure what combination finally allowed it to mature:

20201224123227_1.thumb.jpg.bbe537c8f3cc0fc6158b71898be7e15c.jpg

As a workaround if you are having trouble: I got some tea leaves from elven ruins, then planted them. I was able to harvest from them, but it took a long time for them to grow to this stage, longer than rubber trees.

20201224043352_1.thumb.jpg.1d62766118bac034f681ca1efa05dda7.jpg

• Thanks 1

Yeah I spent a few days trying to find tea on far east. Luckily Mello had some seeds and I planted some at my house, but it took several days for them to bloom. If anybody else wants tea feel free to hit me up. I have plenty of seeds and leaves now.

ocnoglittle - Your suggestion to hang around in the region for a few in-game days worked like a charm! All of the tea trees matured and I gathered some tea leaves. I was also able to cut down a few mature ones and got seeds. I really appreciate your help and the research time that you spent on this - thank you very much!!

• Like 2