spiritchaser28

Placing blueprint table dang near impossible now.

Question

I know you folks at Bohemia are on vacation. Happy Holidays! Hope you ate a lot of food and had fun. 

When you get back from your vacations, can you all take a look at making a hotfix for placing blueprint tables? Can't seem to place them anywhere without the message saying the table is to far from blueprint outline even when it is right next to the blueprint. Ship blueprints seem especially problematic now. I spent close to an hour trying to place the table in every possible place it could go. the table was always red no matter how close or how far I moved it away from the blueprint. I know from talking to other players that a lot of them that use blueprints are having a difficult time now. 

That's my main issue with the latest update aside from the crashing issues I mentioned in another post.

Thanks all! Figgy pudding is bad for you! LOL Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Edited by spiritchaser28
  • Like 1

13 replies to this bug / suggestion

Temporary workaround that might or might not work: For me, it seemed to think that the position I started the blueprint was the center of the blueprint. If I went to the other side of the blueprint, it would let me place the blueprint table. Otherwise, I was definitely getting the "within the boundaries of the blueprint" error.

• Like 1

Hmmm I made a blueprint last night and tried to make the area as big as possible but got the error (too far away from blueprint when I was inside the area, and too close when I did get too close to the ship)....maybe I will try making the area smaller and see what happens

Edited by spiritchaser28

Something else I have not tried lately since the water update was actually capturing the ship blueprints on water. I always found it easier to capture on the land. But maybe that makes a difference now?

Edited by spiritchaser28

Yeah I had a bad one with a ship today...took me almost 40 minutes to find the "sweet spot" to place the table. it only was allowing it to be placed in one little inch of an area.

This along with the power-barrier issue is likely the most urgent fix needed in Ylands right now @Adam Snellgrove

Based on how much I hear about this issue. 

Edited by RedEagle_P1.
  • Like 3

I think maybe a couple solutions to this issue could be either allow the placing of blueprint tables first or show an invisible outline where you can place it instead of the little red box around the table and constant error messages about how the table is either too far or too close....maybe a combination of both ideas?

• Upvote 1

I got this message from someone:

I fixed the bug When creating a Blueprint Make sure that there are no locks and keys on motors, anchors and other objects

• Like 1

That isn't the same issue. That's only referring to the fact you can't blueprint locked items, which makes sense considering locks cannot be included in blueprints.

Edited by spiritchaser28

16 hours ago, RedEagle_P1. said:

I got this message from someone:

I fixed the bug When creating a Blueprint Make sure that there are no locks and keys on motors, anchors and other objects

I'm going to try this later tonight. Fingers and toes crossed, glad that the community is getting behind this bug, along with the barrier one. Then smoooth sailing ;)
So after removing doors, and the anchor my ship still couldn't be blueprinted.

Can anyone confirm if you need to be inside your barrier to capture a ship?

Edited by Indian Chief

Yes whenever you use the blueprint camera it has to be inside your barrier. This is not the main issue though. On ships especially, after you have the blueprint it is very difficult to place the table anywhere to use it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1