Sign in to follow this  
kimbuck

terrain being modified inside someone barrier..

Question

I accidentally  left  my mp region  on line  with the password turned off  and   yes,,, some  infantile griefer tried to destroy  my base.  They did no come to  steal, but  destroy and somehow   managed to  get a ignited powder keg  inside  my locked work area.

The resultant  explosion did not  destroy anything, however it left a crater  in the floor  inside the building.

No big  deal to repair, but i  wonder...  shouldn't the  Barrier  not allow  terrain  deformation like that?  it  wont let you dig,,,

guess its another feature  :0

• Upvote 1

11 replies to this bug / suggestion

Usually the powderkegs don't work even near the barriers. ?

I will do more testing for this and let you know what I find out.

I just lit a gunpowder keg in my barrier and it did nothing to the terrain. That picture definitely looks like a dynamite crater. I am baffled about how they did it though.

Your barrier was definitely on, correct?

barrier  was on .

Got reports  from other players that 2  guys were  travelling through the islands  "blowing up" bases

Maybe they have  a  hack or   exploit?  Don't  say that they  do not exist in Ylands  ;0   Ylands is  no different   or  immune to  exploits as all other  games.

i also tried to  ignited a   powder keg in my own  barrier ...it  just didnt  work. Its really  baffling   how it was done..

maybe it  might have  been form a  cannonball fired forma ship? ..but how  did it   hit inside...and  why was the terrain inside a  turned on barrier    cratered?

Nothing  surprises me  now  ;0

could they possibly been above your barrier and dropped the explosive from the outside? I don't think they would get the message "terrain cannot be modified" if they were outside the barrier....Honestly though if the barrier was on it shouldn't be possible. Sounds like something that needs to be included in the next hotfix or update.

there was a  ceiling,  a stone lined room above ...and  then  earth ...  so it  cldnt have been  dropped ...maybe  using  v  and place?  even so, it  shouldn't   leave a crater like that .  note ; it did not  destroy the surrounding items and chests... just made a crate  under the bed 

maybe they might  have  glitched  in onto the bed ...placed the   explosives'  then  unstuck out before it  went off? that sounds a possibility. But  how through the  walls and  ceiling? could be a variant  of the  sleeping  mat exploit..

?

?

I saw a video posted here last week of a couple guys showing a glitch where they moved a certain way and walked through walls. It was before the hotfix but it wasn't mentioned as something they fixed. I'ts a head scratcher. There were a couple guys a few months back that were coming onto different servers and somehow getting inside peoples locked homes with barriers on. They knew how to exploit some sort of glitch by digging way underneath the barrier.... Check freecamera and see if there is a hole somewhere closeby that has been dug outside your barrier. It's possible it could be the same 2 guys, although they tend to take everything that is not nailed down, and I mean EVERYTHING. They got in my house, killed all my animals, took all my food, books, paintings, rocks, bark...yes... bark...LOL . They were a nuisance.

Edited by spiritchaser28

Lonelyboy actually gave me permission to try to blow up his tower by dropping dynamite, but it doesn't do anything to the terrain when it landed. I had to get far away before it was able to work correctly.

Glitch 1 would have to be letting them get in, and then glitch 2 would have to be incorrectly allowing the terrain to be modified. So weird.

• Like 1

How they got in  doesnt  matter  really... its   known glitches awaiting  fixes for ages  but  how  did the  dynamite make that crater... from inside a barrier?  thats the   intrigue...

• Upvote 1