spiritchaser28

Realistic suggestions for 1.6

Question

So I have been playing 1.5 for a while now and here are my suggestions for the next update.

First I would like to commend the devs for making explore feel like an exploration game again. The world feels bigger now.....but there's some issues.

Goats and sheep....everybody wants them but good luck finding them anywhere except temperate climates....In reality you can find them on almost every climate. Some people don't want to live in temperate climates but like milk and wool. This leads me to my next suggestion.

Tamed animals......let them be transported to other regions....I would like a pet wolf in my tropical home...but it's not something that can be done now. Many people would like to have a goat to milk or a sheep to gather wool....not do-able at the moment. 

Resources....since when did copper become rarer to find than gold and iron and ( zirconium)? I will give you devs props for allowing all resources to be "findable" ....but for some reason copper is rarer than diamonds now.

Atlanteans, elves, crab people, wendigos, wood golems, etc.... where are they in 1.5 explore? I found 3 encounters with elves (different islands but same encounters) but none of the other stuff. No Atlanteans, no crab monsters...nada.

Editor...it's high time you allow people to make blueprints directly from editor.....now the only way is go to editor, then go to legacy, then set up a barrier, then get a blueprint camera, then get screwed because you cannot place the blueprint table in the actual game....I mean really????!!?? WTF??!? FIX THAT.

Blueprints...well I just said my gripe. Cannot place the table now. Thanks for making it a pain in the arse.

Chat.....wow...I cannot even express how broken that became since the last update....People like to talk...you devs seem to think it's better to get your messages 3 to 7 days late?....I mean dang...it's broke. Why did you screw it up? it worked fine before Bohemia decided to allow missed messages.....now you are typing and it changes who you are chatting with....so an old friend messages you back asking what the fark you are asking??? All because you were typing to another person

A few other suggestions that are probably low on the list...toolbox needs to accept screwdrivers chisels, knives and axes...although you claim you are working on it. Sharks, seagulls, catapults, and all those lost traps...need to come back. How about a lunchbox? we got tool boxes now. Also I am pretty sure people want cows and chickens (dogs and cats can come later)

That all leads me to my final suggestion....random encounters. Make it more random. Every Yland does not need 8 random encounters. My main complaint about the random encounters is they are not random at all. If I see the bamboo lean-to one more time or the campfire with aloe and pink fur boots I am going to scream! I have seen those well over 200 times since 1.5 was released a few weeks ago...I am enclosing photos of other "random" encounters I have seen over a hundred times so far. I don't call them random anymore...I call them "expected" ....what I mean is you don't have to have all these encounters on every dang island....you don't even need to have caves on every island either.....just make it actually....random...and rare. There is no challenge to the game if everything is handed to you and you can expect 8 random encounters to give you everything....now I leave with with random encounters that make me want to scream "not again"!!!!...Keep in mind I have seen all these random encounters over 200 times each.....not so random.

Ylands_201226_034918.png

Ylands_201226_035425.png

Ylands_201226_035509.png

Ylands_201226_042047.png

Ylands_201226_042119.png

Ylands_201226_042349.png

Ylands_201226_042422.png

Edited by spiritchaser28

11 replies to this bug / suggestion

Now that all my gripes and grumbles are done, I will focus on the positive. You devs truly did an a amazing job at making exploration better,  I know working with Unity isn't exaclty an easy task, but you have delivered on some promises made long ago. Kudos! 

It is also quite refreshing playing for days on end with all my progress saved....yes there were some glitches, but for the most part it's getting a lot better.

I feel encouraged now that I know after all these years focused on editor, that you got back to the tooth and roots of the game. At it's core, it's a great survival/crafting/ sandbox that allows people to be as creative as they want with the resources they have available, I am seeing so many people posting pics now of their adventures in exploration. let's face it...the future is exciting and overflowing with all the possibilities. 

I was not trying to sound negative in the above post,,,but once I finished and read it again,,,I felt maybe I was being a bit harsh and quick to judge, I assure you this is far from the truth. I love this game! Now more than ever before! 

On a side note I think a few items that are only available in editor should be craftable. I get the fact this is a cross platform game and too much data doesn't work for phones.....but many of us play on computer....(hopefully xbox in the future)  some of the items on my list....pitchfork, crowbar, steel weapons, bolt action rifle ,machine guns(actually all guns...except maybe atlantean.) Plastic, chocolate and cheese blocks. We got milk now. so it can be done. Just add cocoa plants and maybe petroleum for plastic to be craftable at chemistry stations. The reason a lot of compositions in workshop is made of plastic blocks is it's kind to colors. some people want plain walls they can color themselves without the various shades. As of now many of those compositions are not blueprint friendly. Other items crude swords, wood armor, busts, things that can be crafted easily in the real world. Ladles, dishes, pots, umbrellas, etc. 

Thanks for making the comfy armchair craftable! Everybody loves those. And now Pillows!!! awesome!!

14 hours ago, spiritchaser28 said:

First I would like to commend the devs for making explore feel like an exploration game again.

Did a play through at P1 recently and we really enjoyed it. Good work devs. 

• Like 2

On 12/26/2020 at 12:07 PM, spiritchaser28 said:

let them be transported to other regions

We will look into this because that would be so cool to be able to do ?

Resources....since when did copper become rarer to find than gold and iron and ( zirconium)?

We will look into this and reevaluate if we find it weird. But it is probably more to do with the balance of the game and the tech progression, not as a reflection of real life. Also Ylands might be a area of the world, where gold is more common than copper ?

Atlanteans, elves, crab people, wendigos, wood golems, etc.... where are they in 1.5 explore?

I'll check but they should be there ?

Editor...it's high time you allow people to make blueprints directly from editor.

We are working on a system for this, though still not finalised, how it is going to work.

Chat.....wow...I cannot even express how broken that became since the last update.

We are working on a fix.

toolbox needs to accept screwdrivers chisels, knives and axes

Also working on it ??

random encounters. Make it more random. 

We will be adding more encounters and also add events when you're travelling from map to map (hopefully) ?

Thank you so much for all the great feedback and I do hope we'll address most of your concerns soon.

• Thanks 3

21 hours ago, spiritchaser28 said:

I made a separate post about the blueprints. Ships are the biggest issue for sure.  Impossible to place the table.

Yes you did, I was just commenting that it took longer for Adam to comment on what the Ylands team were going to do about the Blueprint building box.... I'm glad that he now has replied.

• Like 1

On 1/6/2021 at 3:48 PM, spiritchaser28 said:

Well they were on Holiday. I'm sure they had a lot of posts and messages  to go through

Missed my point mate, what I was saying is that the devs were getting back to other issues but not about the ships... unless they were on ship holidays???

On 1/17/2021 at 10:47 AM, Indian Chief said:

Missed my point mate, what I was saying is that the devs were getting back to other issues but not about the ships... unless they were on ship holidays???

I just needed more info on this subject before I could answer truthfully and since a lot of people were still on Holidays or had other stuff on their plate, it took a little bit longer to track down ?

• Like 1