6Cowa6Bunga6

One single Protective barrier. Thats it

so had my activated protective barrier on my home island which was two small islands. i wasnt happy with it but was at end game and a bit bord.
So i deleted my exploration and start from scratch, only to find out my pockets are empty without the starting broken protective barrier. 
I assume its to help prevent duplication of them.. But now im afraid to build anything fear of making a common build mistake and have to spend 5 minutes trying to hammer that mistake away each time

• Upvote 1

yeah deleting the game and starting over removes your barrier for now....it definitely sux. They really need to fix a lot of things

Edited by spiritchaser28

Seriously? This is worse than I thought. They did say they would be reworking barriers.

well im sure they did rework it, rework to only give you one even when you restart from scratch. 

I tried reinstalling ylands to no avail. still no protective barrier on a restart of exploration. Would try deleting all my yland files. but im afraid to loose all my saved builds. so im just gonna wait till this is fixed to play again

On 12/30/2020 at 3:16 PM, bojo2736 said:

Seriously? This is worse than I thought. They did say they would be reworking barriers.

We are going to rework the barriers in the next few updates, so this should resolve too.

On 1/4/2021 at 6:00 AM, Adam Snellgrove said:

We are going to rework the barriers in the next few updates, so this should resolve too.

ya its been almost a year and still hasnt been resolved... i just got on to find out that starting a new character you still dont have it in your inventory, you guys need to stop lying..

• Downvote 1

3 hours ago, PandaPrincess said:

ya its been almost a year and still hasnt been resolved... i just got on to find out that starting a new character you still dont have it in your inventory, you guys need to stop lying..

In a way it has been resolved. They did away with barriers. Now you can adjust in multiplayer settings what players are allowed and not allowed  to do. No real need for the barriers in exploration now....I still think barriers should be an option for multiplayer editor made maps though.... or more control over who has what privileges by name (instead of just friends and non friends). When they made the system, it works a lot better BUT....the only flaw for me was I ended up purging my friends list to only people I trusted. All  casual acquaintances were removed because I didn't know if I could trust them with my stuff.

Edited by spiritchaser28
  • Like 1

@Adam Snellgrove For things related to multiplayer tools, I think keeping things as simple as possible is the best solution. While people like me are comfortable dragging maps into editor making tweaks and then re-publishing the map, casual players definitely need an easy/convenient way to "fix" their maps. A good UI hub would go a LONG way to helping casual players set up basic stuff.

@Igor Q. Adam Snellgrove no longer works with Bohemia. I don't think he will see your tag. I have seen him occasionally on discord though so he may still stop by the forums here once in a while to keep in touch.

Edited by spiritchaser28

24 minutes ago, spiritchaser28 said:

@Igor Q. Adam Snellgrove no longer works with Bohemia. I don't think he will see your tag. I have seen him occasionally on discord though so he may still stop by the forums here once in a while to keep in touch.

completely forgot tbh...

• Haha 1

Adam doesn't work here anymore but you can always get in touch with me ?

Feel free to send me any suggestions you have and we'll go over them with the team :) 

• Like 1

On 11/3/2021 at 2:07 AM, Nikki Severin said:

Adam doesn't work here anymore but you can always get in touch with me ?

Feel free to send me any suggestions you have and we'll go over them with the team :) 

a new way of digging that is better then the drill would be very well appreciated. with the removal of being able to buy gun powder from a certain found vendor, digging with explosives is no longer viable