ComR

How to make Ylands Exploring Great Again?

Question

Hello There!

In short, what's good: At last we can explore more than 5 islands - superb - that is what we were waiting for! Thank you!

In sort, what is wrong here:
-I'm solo player, I do not like and do not wish to play multiplayer - So, please, let us customise our Exploring Game. Solo world - no Multi-Ylands.
-Everything is going in good direction!

Ylands Exploring in general problems:
-In new Ylands even the best weapons crafted are much worse than items we can find. This is fun, but a bit annoying: I do not need to craft anything - I will be better if I explore more islands. That makes crafting zirconium weapons - useless (these are much worse than items we can find - especially fire weapons) - please, let us craft guns again and make zirconium weapons much stronger than simple steel items..
-NPCs and Sellers still are broken - you cannot buy many things, because "seller have to sell more to buy" - annoying and forces us to buy everything from NPC sellers, before we can buy anything - please, make NPC's inventory bigger...
-There is no real enemies - this is ok with me, but I have found a bug: 
     -At first I thought It's enought  to find all Ylandium crystals from caves - that was reasonable, but there was no more enemies on the map.
     -Then I realised that maybe I can take all crystals but the Ylandium to allow mutated animals to appear - I was wrong.
     -Then I took all crystals and didn't kill any mutant animal - I was wrong again.
     -The hardest to kill mutant animals should leave you much loot - but it's not the case - mutant bears leave just two ylandium...
     -I hoped to build big ship, add animal pens... or big cages anf move animals I love to my base - no, it doesn't work. Why? Moving animals is a problem we discussed two years ago??

Maybe it would be nice to make it possible to span enemies (using devs console) and have some fun after we build big base?

It would be nice if killed NPC's would leave us at least items they are using - for now we gain nothing for hard work in many cases. Enemies just die and disappear.

My proposition is:
     -Let us choose if we want solo or multiplayer game.
     -Let us chooser how many enemy NPC's, sellers and animals are there - also - mutants every night.
     -Let us craft better weapons from Zirconium - found items are or superb or useless.
     -Please, return us the birds!!! It was so important! Now we can hear these, but cannot hunt them or just be happy to see them. I know the problem was collisions, but you just disabled collisions with all animals - so, you can bring us back birds! Birds are f... important for immersion and for life in Ylands.

All The Best,
Bart

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 replies to this bug / suggestion

Hmm odd thing about the mutants...I killed every mutant on my island and they came back the next night. Maybe you need to reinstall? Seems to be working fine on my end.

Edited by spiritchaser28

4 hours ago, ComR said:

I'm solo player, I do not like and do not wish to play multiplayer

You can choose not to visit Multiplayer Maps. There are two types of maps, single and multiplayer. 

4 hours ago, ComR said:

In new Ylands even the best weapons crafted are much worse than items we can find. This is fun, but a bit annoying: I do not need to craft anything - I will be better if I explore more islands. That makes crafting zirconium weapons - useless (these are much worse than items we can find - especially fire weapons) - please, let us craft guns again and make zirconium weapons much stronger than simple steel items..

I will ask about this ?

4 hours ago, ComR said:

I hoped to build big ship, add animal pens... or big cages anf move animals I love to my base - no, it doesn't work.

We are woking on a way to do this.

Thank you for the feedback ? Hopefully we'll be able to deal with most of your worries soon.

6 hours ago, ComR said:

Let us craft better weapons from Zirconium - found items are or superb or useless.

I really don't agree with this. Non-craftable weapons gives you an incentive to explore and find better gear, meanwhile Zirconium gear is pretty easy to craft. 

@Adam Snellgrove I'd love it if you added very rare unique weapons/gear with random effects/boosts that we can find. Something like unique weapons and gear in Skyrim! That's a great incentive to go exploring. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1