ComR

Key Binding... - Lefty Rage!

Question

Hello There,

After Exploring update previously set key bindings stopped working. Yes, after few day this was updated, but key binding still doesn't work. Details:

1) All key bindings were reset and it's a pain for me, because I'm lefty and simply - I cannot play any game if arrows,  "Ins, Del, End..." keys or, above all Numeric Keyboard cannot be custom set.
After last hot fix it's possible to change a few keys more, but it needs tricks to make it work - you have to unbind ALL key bindings and carefully set.  After restart - you have to bind every key manually once again. I tried to set .ini file "read only" - but it changed nothing. Please, tell me, where key bindings are saved?

2) Problems - first of all - numeric keyboard is always set to both: "numeric" and "Home, end, PgUp, PGDn and so on" - it cannot be changed - which is big problem for me, because I cannot us keys above arrows and numeric keyboard separately as I  used to do.

3) I realised that after unbinding ALL KEYS and setting it as I like (except Numeric Keyboard) allows me to play game again. Problem is - it works only after 2-3 tries of setting keys again and again. 

4) Even if I set all keys I like (except numerical keyboard which always doubles "Ins, del, end... mini keyboard") I can play happily until I have to restart game or game crashes - Then I have to bind all keys again... Please, repair it - it's after all the most important setting, especially for lefties.

a) Also, Game shows set keyboard only after 2-3 resettings and it's not always true. This is most annoying... Please, tell me where keys are saved and allow me, to make it all manually, so I can save it as "read only".

Old problems:

1) The longer you play, the slower game is - and soon game crashes. Probably memory leak?

2) "Do not loose your equipment on death" - does strange things - I have my armour, but I loose whole rest. And there is even more annoying thing beside looking for my corpse - If you die on your ship - most of your items land on the bottom of the sea, some on the ship and many - inside structure... So, to retrieve my stuff, I have to remove "anchor lever" and steering wheel to find small gold pouch. If you die in more complicated part of your ship or building - you have to destroy most of the building/ship or leave it and make new lost items. This is very annoying. And it's connected to problem 3:

3) If you die, your corpse is partially under your grave stone. Problem is - to retrieve items from below grave stone you have to destroy the stone or structure below... or both. It's a horror if you die in your home you were building for days...

4) THERE IS NO PAUSE - Even if I play solo only, there is no way to stop game for a while - to open "real" doors, drink a tea or eat something. You would think that "ESC" will stop the game - nope. So, the only way is to hide or climb something safe and... eat to be full. Problem is - you cannot eat enough. So, You have to leave the game, but if you do this - all your key bindings are lost again.

5) Please! Once for all note, that there are people who play the game solo only, so "Pause" isn't so big problem - you are just lazy!

6) NPC's selling things - You have only 5 slots for trade - it could be okey, but NPC's usually have no "free space" in their inventory and this is big problem - I cannot sell him enough items to get what I want, or, if I want spent whole day to buy gold from NPC and then buy anything from him for cash - I need many weeks... And I have to buy all items from NPC, or most of it,  to be able to sell him stuff I have... Please, just make no limit of NPC inventory or make it bigger. In many cases NPC's have no room in their inventory and you can pay only with gold - It's ok, but annoying. You have to sell your work to NPC for weeks, one or two items a day, to make money to buy item for gold...

6b) NPCs after few transactions, steal from you and loose their equipment with simple error: "Transaction Failed!".

Please, just make seller inventory much bigger or limitless - that would make NPC's working again.

And please, make at least 6 trading slots not 5! Many items in NPC's shops are worth more than 400 gold, but most of trade items are around 70 gold per slot - 350. This is annoying, because you have not only make items for sale, but above all, you have to trade day by day bit by bit to gain enough gold to buy what you need.

6C) Please, add more free NPC's inventory slots - or make it limitless - so people would sell many, but cheap items without waiting for weeks, just to sell many cheap items to NPC!

6D) Please, make more trade slots than 5. Why only 5? Imagine pain of selling if you can make only clothing or collecting anything for the start! Especially if NPC cannot buy many cheap  items from you, because NPCs have only 2, 3 or even only one free slot to buy anything from you - please, make NPC's inventory limitless, or at last 20-30 empty slots. There is no good reason to be able to sell only 3-4 slots of any items you have to sell. This is only forcing people to sleep by the NPC for weeks, only to sell many cheap items to gain enough gold to buy one or two items needed.

Worthless high tier crafting:

I was happy to see new metal - Zirconium (why not just Titanium?). I hoped that if I have all work stations and end game metal, I could make best rifle in the game and best pistol or best armour.

a) Yes, you can make best armour with Zirconium. 
b) You can make gun and revolver, but... I was much disappointed when I realised that all my workbenches are useless, because found guns are much better that everything I could make. This is breaking the game. I love so many different weapons and tools, but allow me to "sell you" this idea:

-Making end game tools and weapons should be possible to make (with rare resources).
-Make steampunk (this is nice Idea, I love it, but it's useless - it's much weak) pistols. My proposition is:
     -Black powder simple musket and pistol - you could find - but, you should be able to make it:
          -Pistol: flint lock, wooden plank. Can be made in blacksmith. 
          -Musket: flint lock, iron bar, two wooden planks. (can be made at blacksmith) 
-Smokeless Ammunition: 1x gun powder, 1x Cotton, 1x paper sheet, 1x Iron  (we have no lead, pity, but we can use Iron)
-Steampunk paper made ammunition:
          -Smokeless gun powder 1x Gun Powder plus 1xCotton (maybe 2-3 Cottons) = Smokeless Gun Powder.
          - Ammo: 1xSmokeless Gun Powder + 1 Copper + 1 Iron (we have no lead) = 10 ammo.
          -Small Iron Barrel = 2 iron bars (at Blacksmith) 
          -Long Iron Barrel = 4 iron bars (at Blacksmith)
-Weapons possible to make at blacksmith:
Simple, crude pistol:
      -Small Iron barrel, plank. 
Simple, Crude, Sixshooter (six barrels shooting at once):
      -3 small Iron Barrels, 2 planks (4 shooter).
Simple, Crude musketon:
      -2xSmall Iron Barrels, 2xplanks (1 shot gun).
Simple, Crude musket:
      -4xSmall Iron Barrels, 4xplanks (1 shot).
Simple, Crude Shotgun:
      -6 Small Iron Barrels (6 barrel shooter), 4xPlanks

Blacksmith simple works:
          -Iron Pole (iron bar, hammer), can be used as wood pole, but also: Iron bow (rope, 2 Iron Rods), Anchor...
          -Short Iron tube (Iron Bar, iron bar, hammer) - (iron bar - it's not lost)
          -Smoothbore pistol
          -Smoothbore arquebus
          -Two barrelled smoothbore shotgun.

Locksmith:
Simple rifled pistol:
         -1xSmall Iron Barrel, 1xSteel, 1xcogwheel, 1xplank  (paper lead balls ammo) (small range)
Simple revolver (short barrel):
         -3xSmall Iron Barrel, 2xSteel, 2xcogwheel, 1xplank (paper lead balls ammo)  (small range)
Simple, one shot rifled gun (one shot, one reload):
         -4xSmall Iron Barrel, 3xSteel, 3xcogwheel, 3xplank (2x paper lead balls per shot) (very long range)

One shot (5 rounds in magazine), 5 shot rifled gun:
         -10xSmall Iron Barrel, 6xSteel, 4xcogwheel, 3xplank (Copper ammo) (long range)
Revolver rifle gun:
         -6xSmall Iron Barrel, 6xSteel, 3xcogwheel, 1xplank  (Copper ammo) (medium range)
Long Range Kentucky Rifle:
        -10xSmall Iron Barrel, 8xSteel, 3xcogwheel, 3xplank  (Paper ammo) (long range)>
 Long Range Sniper Rifle:
-Weapons made in Locksmith:
         -One shot pistol - 1 iron tube (made in furnance) 1 plank
         -Repeating Gun - 3 barrels, 2 cogwheels.
         -One shot gun - 4 barrels, 1 cogwheel.

Weapons made with Zirconium, steel and "magic" in furnance and blacksmith.

-Fuse - rope and gun powder. Makes ten fuses. (could be use later together with bombs and barrels full of blackpowder.
-Simple Arquebus: 2 Iron Barrels (made in blacksmith - or just two iron bars), 2 ropes, 1 gun powder (), 1 flint, 2 planks 

Endgame tools and weapons should be possible to made in blacksmith and foundry. 

Zirconium with steel and additions: ylandium, gold and crystals, should be endgame material.

If you agree, I will write you my complete ideas - from ideas to complete, Game routines if you want.

I just want to know if you would like to read it. I hop to be usefull.

All The Best,
ComR

3 replies to this bug / suggestion

I also ran into the keybinding issue. For me, hitting the reset button a couple times, and then changing the keybindings actually made it save them. Hopefully that helps!

What killed you in your house? Usually I die on the terrain and have to dig a bit to get the last things, but I didn't worry about this too much, personally.

I also would love a pause button, but it might never happen. :/ 

More NPC inventory slots sounds like a great idea :) 

Do you have your controller plugged in by any chance? Controllers sometimes give us grief like this :( 

I will ask about the NPC sellers ?

Also could you please send me @ComR your output_logs, when the keybindings reset again? Would help a lot. You can find them here: \Program Files(86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Ylands\Ylands_Data