Sign in to follow this  
kimbuck

your home base is not yours!

I  Joined  the game  in a tropical   area     selected an island ,  named it,  pw  protected it  and  set up a base   from which to   explore.  I made  it Mp   visible and   some  friends  even visited. I   built up stores of resources  and was about to expand it   after i went to a  spawn area to help  re-populate it  after the   usual  noob  rush and  denuding era.

Much to my horror   as   i left my base i got a  "timed  out  connection"  error and  was  dumped  out to  the  game  lobby.

When i logged back in i was treated as a new  player!              nothing ...no  base,  no anything,  and the option to start again  ..without a  barrier  etc.

All the   islands in the  map  had a   ?   ...  it  was a total reset.  Players  said  my  boat had  disappeared  from the island i was on.

Eventually  a friend  invited me to  a game  on another  server and i  arrived  there,  boat complete  and with  stores  etc ... 

BUT  ::::::::    no matter  how  far i travel or   search,  i can find  neighboring islands i visited  around where  mine  should be but  not  mine.

So, if  you have a base on a Bi  server,  dont  expect it to  last!  if  griefers   do not  destroy it , then  it  will disappear on you regardless , it  seems.

Suggestion:  build a big  ship .....   put all your   goods  workstations  etc  on it,    for  at least  you will  have  ( might have? )   something  when your island  goes  missing.

MEANWHILE   3   DAYS  OF  EXPLORATION AND  BUILDING   ALL   GONE!    :(

good   luck!

Edited by kimbuck
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

What made  i   more annoyingng  was just prior  i   fought off mutants in a cave and  found  copper  gold  and zirconium  i took it  back to my base to make into  ingots ... about  300  of each ..;(

I was planning to get a  friend  who knew the pw to my base to take  my keys  and  try to access the  base ... but  the islands  gone!  including the  3 others  nearby  i had  explored .    so i guess   others  wouldnt  see it  as well

This  could   happen to anyone  ...i  ihear  of  others  having   similar   misfortunes of "  area  unreachable"  and  having to restart  after losing  everything    including  ships ..

Something  needs  looking into here...     otherwise    mp  might   start  again to  lose  the players it  has won back