Deadeye_Rob

Exploration 1.5- Karnaca Trading Post

Hi guys!

I'm in the process of constructing a small friendly Trading post for other players to visit. It's constructed from a series of blueprints that I have designed and exported from editor. It's still a WIP but I have a working warehouse for unloading cargo, as well as a Harbor Master's Office.

20210106133249_1.thumb.jpg.16b954592007e791d1f48b715c7a38dd.jpg

-Karnaca Harbor Authority. It functions as the town's vault as well as administrative base for myself as governor.

20210106132906_1.thumb.jpg.55d03069019eca861f91f364f6fe5d7a.jpg

-The vault itself, I have the coffers fully stocked from my adventures and trading with others!

20210106133007_1.thumb.jpg.15794a1490a7101db409da6f434522cc.jpg

-Another view of the Vault. Notice the triple layered bars on the windows for protection!

20210106133306_1.thumb.jpg.e771a46e37410c0cb33d94ffc7e1b327.jpg

-Harbor Authority interiors. Still a WIP but I am pleased with how the lights turned out. I'm also using it to display my collection of items!

20210106133333_1.thumb.jpg.ad9c96e9f40d420f24b7dab97432186c.jpg

-The main warehouse. I use this to moor my ship as well as to offload cargo. The dockside is still under construction and i will build a pier to allow visitors to dock at will!

And thats it so far guys! I hope you like it and come and visit me soon! Thanks!

Rob

AKA FlintlockRob, Governor of Karnaca Trading Port

• Like 10

Loving the interior design ?... Add me in-game and I'll pay you a visit ^^

I agree I love how you did the ceilings especially, .  Plus the various colors and textures of the rooms give it a proper old time appeal.

@spiritchaser28 that’s exactly the approach I’m going for. There are a lot of overlapped blocks so it’s not the friendliest for processing power, but I’m pleased with how it’s turned out. I’m going to start converting an early template of The Viceroy Club into a blueprint soon!

@zarwil, I’ll look you up tonight. You would be most welcome!

Anyone know how I can make a map in effect; a sharegame? I would like certain people to visit even when I’m not online. ?

• Like 1

You can creat a sharegame and share the passeword in this topic so everyone reading your great trading "post"  can join even if you not online

Edited by Bob Salvador

11 hours ago, Deadeye_Rob said:

Anyone know how I can make a map in effect; a sharegame? I would like certain people to visit even when I’m not online. ?

Easy. On a single player map press "esc" then on the bottom  you will see a box that says "multiplayer settings" Click that to set it up. If you want friends to be there when you are not online it needs to have a password. If it does not have a password then the map is closed except when you have it open.  When it has a password, whoever opens the map first with the password becomes the host, and the map will close when the host leaves

Edited by spiritchaser28

That IS how you create a share game. Not sure what you are meaning. Once you click multiplayer settings you choose the amount of players and the password.

Edited by spiritchaser28

@spiritchaser28 Nop, if you use just the multiplayers setting in the escape menu, friends can"t join when you are offline it's work like the oldschool exploration, you have to put the save of the map in the sharegame for it to be joinable.

They can join if it's password protected at anytime...that gives them the map by default...unless they protect it.....When I said  scroll down to multiplayer settings and "Click that to set it up" I was referring TO setting up the sharegame, which is in the setup options. 

The other player can join at anytime IF they own the DLC ...if they do not have the DLC then they definitely won't be able to go in at any time. BUT...if they do have it, they can come and go as they please. I have done this numerous times with other friends.

I should specify this is how I turn single player into multiplayer sharegames in exploration DLC. I used to host sharegames without the DLC, but they were just single island maps. 

Edited by spiritchaser28

20210107153953_1.thumb.jpg.2163a85367330f8f062752276610ced0.jpg

So far the main Pier is comming along nicely and we also have the first of many player-owned shopfronts! Stay tuned!

PS A very sincere thank you to the multitude of visitors I have received over the last couple of days! Your support -And resources- have inspired me to make Karnaca Trading Post into the first Exploration Player-Hub in the history of the game! -No grandstanding of course!-

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, spiritchaser28 said:

Did you make it @Deadeye_Rob? I love the inside of that ship.

I did indeed buddy! It’s the second version of my line of steamboats.

Nice! I was dissecting it yesterday to see what all you put into it to maybe make a blueprint model. Shame you can't blueprint all the goodies inside LOL. You put a lot of thought into the design and layout :)

You’ll laugh, but I was actually inspired by the train used in the film: ‘Wild Wild West’!

After a bit of research into Victorian Pullman train coaches, I had enough concept material to make some gorgeous internals. I must admit, I feel like Ive really hit it with the Mk3 Dauntless. It’s the ship I currently use for 1.5 at the moment.

• Like 2

20210108110232_1.thumb.jpg.9b6fb08097ee811a88714bc20c6ebac9.jpg

Another rainy day at Karnaca! We now have ourselves a well-known drinking establishment up and running to receive weary travelers! The famous- Viceroy Club!

• Like 4