handofthesly

UNDER REVIEW [YLD-28218] No cave on Yland?

Question

Is it possible for an Yland to generate without a cave? I've been searching this Tier 1 tropical rainforest with no success. It's strange because the Tier 1 Yland right next door which is a similar shape has a cave which I've marked on the map with a star.

Yland1.png

Yland2.png

14 replies to this bug / suggestion

Good to know, I wasn't quite sure if it was meant to be that way or not as it was the first Yland I'd found without a cave system (apart from the spawn Yland of course)

Most the Islands I hae been on do have caves. If you are ever in doubt you can always use /freecamera in the chat to look below the surface. It's kind of cheating but sometimes if you are certain there is no cave after exploring it all, you can do that as a last effort to find it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the tip! I gave it a go and couldn't see any cave systems. I think it's bull**** that mutated animals can still spawn on the surface at night though when there is no caves on that Yland. Doesn't make sense at all like where do they come from if there's no caves? lol

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Adam Snellgrove said:

So the cave not appearing is probably a bug and we'll be looking into it ? If you could provide us with the map with the missing cave, then that would be awesome @handofthesly ?

How do I send you the .ylandsgame file as it is not supported here

5 minutes ago, handofthesly said:

How do I send you the .ylandsgame file as it is not supported here

I had the same issue posting .ylandsgame files here. I just sent it direct to Adam via discord.

Edited by spiritchaser28
  • Thanks 1

Just now, spiritchaser28 said:

I had the same issue posting .ylandsgame files here. I just sent it direct to Adam via discord.

Yes thank you! Will do this now :)

Make sure if you do that to leave a reference of some sort to the forum post. Just so he knows what the file is about.

Edited by spiritchaser28
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ocnoglittle said:

You can also zip the file and attach it as a .zip

Totally didn't even think to do that! doh!

On 1/9/2021 at 10:43 PM, handofthesly said:

Thanks for the tip! I gave it a go and couldn't see any cave systems. I think it's bull**** that mutated animals can still spawn on the surface at night though when there is no caves on that Yland. Doesn't make sense at all like where do they come from if there's no caves? lol

The surface mutated animals spawn at night from the mutated bear.  Kill him and they won't respawn.  I usually try to not kill him so I can farm ylandium.

By the way, I have killed the alpha bear on my home map 3 times and he keeps coming back. So maybe they respawn no matter what ?