SpartanLGND95

Next Update?

When might we expect the next bug fix update? Might it include a fix for the issue of not receiving a new Protective Barrier after deleting both character progress and world?

Not receiving a Protective Barrier again is nit an issue, but as designed, because otherwise players could set up a PB on a MP map, then restart, get a new one and still have the old one on the MP map. Because of this and other reasons though we are reworking the whole barrier system and should ve changed in the next couple of updates. Definitely on the next Major update (not the upcoming Goodie Pack) there should be a change already addressing this.

I'm still up for the idea of unsummoning the barrier and summoning it elsewhere. Especially if a person finds a better map they like.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spiritchaser28 said:

I'm still up for the idea of unsummoning the barrier and summoning it elsewhere. Especially if a person finds a better map they like.

i like this idea as i put my barrier on the island i started on and i kinda regret it now.

• Like 1

If player griefing is an issue then, player generator can be restricted to Islands only you start.

The main issue is the use of the demolition hammer. Having it tied specifically to the player generator that you can lose very easily, creates an obstacle to revising your creation in the new exploration mode.

• Like 2

What   annoys me is  that   i lost my  barrier after a forced  restart  because my  session was unreachable   after i was kicked out from a  timeout  issue.  The  island i  had started on and  built a base there  and the  explored islands  nearby  all disappeared.

The  games  unplayable if  you have to contend  with  griefers  wrecking  unprotected bases  etc ..  and your  ships  etc   being vulnerable to theft  ...or    your  base  simply   disappearing  ..or  you get forced  continually  to restart  after a  connection  timeout or  some other  server issue.

If  we have to wait   2  months  for   a  fix ...well  a lot of  us will be out of  here before then.

1 hour ago, ocnoglittle said:

Maybe we could also change the demo hammer to work anywhere on a single player map. ?

Great idea! And have it only work in barriers on multiplayer.

Edited by spiritchaser28
  • Thanks 1

Two things I see that can help with this problem. Allow ownership of different structures and ships. Second, allow host to set a toggle that can restrict the destruction of structures and ships.

This can give more control against griefing should the host of that area set it like that. Also having ownership of buildings, means no need for a demo hammer. You would be the only one able to get all the parts back on it, unless you share it with another who is helping you on a build, or give ownership to another.

• Like 1

wihtout being able to use the demo hammer it makes it very chore tasked when you want to revise or correct mistakes. 

Edited by 6Cowa6Bunga6

On 1/7/2021 at 3:22 AM, Adam Snellgrove said:

Not receiving a Protective Barrier again is nit an issue, but as designed, because otherwise players could set up a PB on a MP map, then restart, get a new one and still have the old one on the MP map. Because of this and other reasons though we are reworking the whole barrier system and should ve changed in the next couple of updates. Definitely on the next Major update (not the upcoming Goodie Pack) there should be a change already addressing this.

Mr. Adam, I just want to mention that this piece of "new" wasn't communicated very well in the upgrade. I've seen several instructions on how to start a new game, but nowhere in those instructions was it mentioned that we wouldn't get a PB. This is misleading since we always start a new game with a broken PB. I think people would have been more careful if we had known we would ever only get 1 PB. I realize you are planning on looking at this, but please take into consideration that this caught most of us completely by surprise. Is there a way to rectify this now? And going forward, we'll know we won't get another one? The lack of a PB is a very limiting issue, due to griefers and adding considerable difficulty in capturing blueprints of new builds or correcting errors in current builds. Thanks for listening.

Sandy

I lost my PB do to an issue out of my control. All of my saved data for the new update was lost on 01/05/2021. I logged out on the 4th and when I logged back in on the 5th all of it was gone except my ship and what was on it.

On 1/9/2021 at 5:28 AM, SandyT said:

Mr. Adam, I just want to mention that this piece of "new" wasn't communicated very well in the upgrade. I've seen several instructions on how to start a new game, but nowhere in those instructions was it mentioned that we wouldn't get a PB. This is misleading since we always start a new game with a broken PB. I think people would have been more careful if we had known we would ever only get 1 PB. I realize you are planning on looking at this, but please take into consideration that this caught most of us completely by surprise. Is there a way to rectify this now? And going forward, we'll know we won't get another one? The lack of a PB is a very limiting issue, due to griefers and adding considerable difficulty in capturing blueprints of new builds or correcting errors in current builds. Thanks for listening.

Sandy

We are looking into it and figuring out, if we could somehow "gift" specific people (who deleted their game by mistake) another Protective Barrier. Will let you know. Thank you for the feedback and very sorry for the inconvenience ?

• Like 1

I did not delete my game. When I logged out on the 4th it was still there and when I logged back in on the 5th it was gone.

8 hours ago, Adam Snellgrove said:

"gift" specific people (who deleted their game by mistake) another Protective Barrier

If it is too difficult to gift it to specific people, maybe when the next goodie pack comes out, you could just gift one more to everyone. I don't think we would mind, and that way they definitely get one, without the ability to spam them.

Or maybe an NPC to talk to that can give one more barrier ?