zarwil

Please dampen the brightness of certain light sources

Question

Brightness levels used to be great, but at some point everything became incredibly bright. Just having a few work stations running is enough to make you blind! 

20210109000721_1.thumb.jpg.6ce39a1c4b5c8f7b83b5006478e34acd.jpg

• Upvote 1

8 replies to this bug / suggestion

Maybe they could make a dimmer switch for electric bulbs at least? I would prefer brighter lights underwater though. Super dark down there even with helmet light.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Yup, it seems that the brightness stacks. So the more things emitting light, the brighter it becomes! I noticed this with the cave crystals. Drop a whole stack and it's insanely bright, makes for a good way to create super bright waypoint markers.

Also agree that the scuba mask lights are pathetic and its way too dark underwater. I also think the helmet lights are too dim in caves as well.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, handofthesly said:

Also agree that the scuba mask lights are pathetic and its way too dark underwater. I also think the helmet lights are too dim in caves as well.

I think I remember the helmet lights being a lot brighter. Now I have to carry a torch in combination with the helmet light in the caves to see

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

The lighting works great when lighting a cluster of candles.

But like Zarwil rightly said, it’s blinding when too many powerful sources are gathered.

P.S

On that subject, has anyone noticed that the Devs have brilliantly made the Flashlight emit light even when it’s freeplaced? It’s great for a subtle (and power-free) source of directed light!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Deadeye_Rob said:

the Flashlight emit light even when it’s freeplaced

That's brilliant! I haven't tested that yet.

My friend Jrock noticed that a few weeks ago. He uses it for small spotlights in builds. Wish they could change colors like the spotlights.

8 hours ago, spiritchaser28 said:

Wish they could change colors like the spotlights.

On that subject, I was pleasantly surprised to see that the bulb on a spotlight will not match the colour it has been selected to.

• Like 1

I agree with this.  We need more lighting options, with brightness and dimming capability.