kimbuck

unity crash wrecks a whole day's exploration

Question

Unfavorable  real life weather  meant it was an ideal  time to play  Ylands 

from  8:00 am   to 3:30 pm   .my time i  sailed the  seas,  visiting 9 islands   ..several tier  3,  and fought and   gathered and traded.

I explored  wrecks and amassed  a wealth of  gold ,  copper and   other materials,   and also newer weapons   and  armor..

time to go to base island and  craft up  some stuff..

boarded  ship  and had a  snack  and then ...      white screen .. "unity crash"

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggh !!!!!!!!!!!

dumped right out of  Yland s... so  saved all the logs and  went back 

aaaaaarrrrrgh!   ship was  now  onthe edge of the first island i started to explore ..and  was going  nowhere ...after  several attempts  it  let me go back to my base.

Not  HAPPY!

ALL THE STUFF I CHAD  COLECTED   HAD DISAPPEARED ...EVEN THE  GOODS  I STORED ON MY SHIP ...IT WAS LIKE  I HAD  NEVER SET OUT.

So i looked at map, and  islands i visited were still there ... went back to one   but the  place i had visited  were as i left it after i  visited there ...chests  empty ..no gold     or  stuff  or  ores

Ok   heres the logs for you.

Time to  give   Ylands a  miss for  48  hours ....    Really,  its    not  being   fun  playing  ylands anymore

it  wont let me  send you the unity  crash  log ...

output_log_clean.txt

output_log.txt

• Upvote 1

3 replies to this bug / suggestion

What is with these recurring crashes that roll back your progress but mess up the loot and contents of chests/inventories. I've had it multiple times now where I've lost so much harvested/cooked food because the world has been rolled back after a crash and those items have gone but so have the raw ingredients that were in the chests so I can't even remake them. I'm just glad it hasn't been as serious as what you've experienced yet!

Edited by handofthesly

On 1/9/2021 at 9:06 AM, handofthesly said:

What is with these recurring crashes that roll back your progress but mess up the loot and contents of chests/inventories. I've had it multiple times now where I've lost so much harvested/cooked food because the world has been rolled back after a crash and those items have gone but so have the raw ingredients that were in the chests so I can't even remake them. I'm just glad it hasn't been as serious as what you've experienced yet!

Could you please send us you ouptut_logs too please if it happens to you again ? Would help a lot. You can find them here: \Program Files(86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Ylands\Ylands_Data

And thank you for the report @kimbuck, we are looking into it.

15 hours ago, Adam Snellgrove said:

Could you please send us you ouptut_logs too please if it happens to you again

These are the crashes & bugs that I have encountered lately and have already posted:

Edited by handofthesly
  • Thanks 1