Jstuts

Saying hello, belatedly

Hey everyone!

I am not all that new; I have been playing this game for about a year, but only recently decided to wade into this forum. And I cannot be sure yet whether I really want to make this a regular practice. Yet there are several good reasons to do so.

First of all I do love the game. I love the beauty of it. I love the landscapes and the water (THE WATER IS AMAZING!). I love the weather effects even when I hate them! ?  I love exploration. Occasionally I even like to build something. I love ships. And I love so many of the animals! I love trying to survive in conditions of challenge.

I love the fact that all of this is even possible and I am deeply humbled by both the technology and the team and community members who contribute to all of this.

Now I must make a deep-felt apology and resolution. I am sorry that some of my  forum messages have had a negative tone to them. This brings up one reason to continue to participate here. I want to practice the completely sane and worthwhile suggestions in the Forum Guidelines which I just read this morning. It is not just that doing so is recommended, as if just a rule. It is also because it would do so much good for my own 'soul', if you please. (That is not meant as a religious concept, just as a manner of speaking.) I am generally a very cheerful and happy person, but I would be even more happy and would contribute to a more friendly environment if I completely let go of any negativity in my way of thinking and participating. Yes, as I look at some of my postings so far I see some unproductive complaining, some apparent attempts to bludgeon the team to correct things for my selfish aims. As if: "it's all about me.' I want to learn and practice the way I see most of you interact: productively, in a friendly manner, staying on topic, being helpful, never flaming or making negative insinuations, etc. It all goes so much better when we are all contributing to a culture where we are inclusive, friendly in tone, helpful, encouraging, etc. It just makes sense and it is the 'mature' way of being. I know this intellectually. Now I must practice it and practice it until it is 'in my bones'.

You are all a very good model and reminder for me. I want to thank you for this. 

• Like 1

I have a question relating to BI accounts.

For some reason I seem to have two accounts--and I have no idea how this happened. One of them is related to all the games I have been playing and my free coynes, etc. The other is based on my email address. I want to LINK the first one (as it states in my profile) in order to 'SAVE' my profile to allow multiplatform play and to "open a direct line of communication with the dev team". But I cannot do that without entering my email address, and I cannot enter my email address because my email address is already being used by the OTHER account! I am apparently in a Catch 22 situation. Can anyone suggest a route to fix this?

• Like 1

Hi, Jstuts,

I actually use another email address for my second account and they are both working fine. I don't have my second account on discord, but they are both on BI. I use hotmail and gmail to have the different email addresses. Just a thought. Thanks,

Sandy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@Jstuts you said " I am sorry that some of my  forum messages have had a negative tone to them"

I guess it's a matter of perception. I don't really see your messages as negative. I see them as constructive criticism.  Those types of messages help clarify existing issues and help give developers direction and goals.

Edited by spiritchaser28
  • Like 2

@spiritchaser28, you are, of course, exactly right; it is a matter of perception. I am pleased to see your message here because it confirms something very positive. There are people who are able to see something constructive even when I may be seeing negativity. Of course some aspects of my reporting are constructive, but in some cases I put in a few words that are unnecessarily manipulative in a negative way, such as when I said in one posting: "What good is the editor if you cannot move things?" I was stating the obvious (which is patronizing) but also overstating it. Clearly the editor is still quite useful even if there are some problems in one aspect of it under certain conditions.

I don't wish to drill down too hard on my actions, and in doing so simply being negative in another way. But I do want to acknowledge that I do see some unnecessary negativity in my postings; a tendency which I want to change. I do fully see the value in addressing issues, as you pointed out, and that aspect, when done in at least a neutral, constructive manner--never overlooking my ongoing appreciation--is what I am shooting for.

Your postings, @spiritchaser28, are a good model for me. Thank you!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1