McCalneys

Can't place blocks on large ship.

Question

I had to remove a misplaced block right before logging off, but when i relogged the next day i was no longer able to place the block at all, nor could it be placed in other random areas of the ship. I also tried a different block type which did work either. I have also broke and replaced the block that i am building off of. I'm playing in the experimental exploration as well.

output_log.txt

output_log_clean.txt

Ylands_210121_221258.png

Ylands_210121_223209.png

Ylands_210121_223225.png

Ylands_210121_223240.png

5 replies to this bug / suggestion

Unfortunately this seems to be happening to a lot of people.

See: 

and 

for workarounds and tips, until they are able to fix this bug.

16 hours ago, ocnoglittle said:

Unfortunately this seems to be happening to a lot of people.

See: 

and 

for workarounds and tips, until they are able to fix this bug.

I have tried all the current work arounds with no success. I also noticed ive been getting a different message than the people from those posts saying "The object must touch another object or terrain" in stead of the not enough space one. I was gonna try to bring the ship to my barrier but i unkowingly put the barrier all on land when i first started the game. Is there a way to get a new barrier or move the existing? If not ill probably just destroy the ship despite having a hand full of hours into it...

I apologize for not reading the error message closely. I was focused on the block being placed.

It could be that it isn't recognizing it is in construction mode. Maybe try turning it off and on again. ?

I have same problem.. I had NO trouble on the DAY I started building my large ship, but after logging off for the night and returning the NEXT day, I find that everything I try to place over what I build yesterday, just gives me an error message:  "THERE IS NOT ENOUGH SPACE"   If I remove an entire column of blocks from my ship back down to the deck, I was then able to place blocks again, but once I get back to the level I was at before, I get the SAME error message. Its like I am playing two different versions of the same game. I don't need to send screen shots since McCalney sent the same ones I am getting.  Now I know there is an awful work around, which is to click and place them ALL individually by eyeing them one by one, but that is retarded and will take weeks to finish my boat.  Can you PLEASE fix this!  Also, using the key to enter and exit construction mode doesn't seem to work anymore, so my ship stays in editing mode as well.  I thought if I could exit and re-enter editing mode, that might fix the issue, but even that isn't working. 

Edited by michaelac