Hunter-Over-Fire

More to Fishing

Question

Fishing is cool and all, but you have is a shabby old wooden rod and all you ever catch is one pretty basic fish item.  I would like to see more ways to fish in ylands, and more things you could catch. I would love to see changes to the way you fish to make it more difficult, perhaps a risk of the line snapping? Anyways, I'd like to see more fishing poles, fish traps, cast nets, etc. I would also like to see more and different types of fish you can catch. Some fish can be rarer than others and have a higher trade value. Maybe you can have the chance to fish up junk or rarities other than fish too, like shells, sea stars, coins, etc. A fishing overhaul would be a great change to Ylands. 

Edited by Hunter-Over-Fire
Fixing my garbage first draft.
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 1

5 replies to this bug / suggestion

I was thinking about this today.  Bait on the hook shouldn't be permanent.  And you should be able to use things other than oysters.   And maybe the different kinds of bait could make it more likely to catch different kinds of fish.

• Upvote 1

I have raised this with the Exploration Designers ? Some really cool ideas. I especially like the idea of "farming the fish traps". That'd be cool.

I’d like to see larger sea beasts to hunt for. It would be nice to give harpoons a reason to be craftable.

Whale/shark hunting would be a welcome addition!

On 1/27/2021 at 7:19 PM, Deadeye_Rob said:

I’d like to see larger sea beasts to hunt for. It would be nice to give harpoons a reason to be craftable.

Whale/shark hunting would be a welcome addition!

Imagine hunting the kraken in Ylands.