bojo2736

Inventory Control

Maybe this is obvious for long time gamers, but what I have learned is that in survival type games, it becomes more about inventory control than anything else.

We used to have 45 slots, then for reasons, it was reduced to 42.   We do have inventory containers, which help.  But there are still problems.

I would like to see a weapons belt. You could keep say 3 different weapons in there.  Or alternatively, have the hotbar items not take up space in your personal inventory.

The toolbox is great.  I appreciate it's addition to the game.  But why isn't a chisel a tool?  Why does coal and charcoal go in there, even when you have a coal bucket?  Why is an axe a weapon and not a tool?  

Why are there three types of bark?  I sort of understand why Birch bark is separate.  It is used for making white pigment.  But, as far as I know, there are not crafting reasons why bark and oak bark are different and take up two slots.

We need to be able to craft items for our mounts.  Saddles with saddle bags would be helpful.

I am not sure what uses there are for shells other than pigment.  So why not have just the pigment container.  When you pick up a shell, it just becomes pigment and goes into the container. 

I mentioned coal and charcoal.  I don't know if it has changed, but it used to be that you had to use coal in the iron forge, you could not use charcoal.  Why?  Who knows.   Especially given how scarce coal is, it would be really helpful to be able to craft it and use it for everything coal is used for.

Make a way for workstations that need fuel so that you can just dump a stack in and let it work off of that stack until it runs out?

Just some thoughts.

• Upvote 2

I love all of your ideas except the shells. I use them for decoration, so I would cry if it automatically turned into pigment. There is a seashell jar already, so it is only 1 extra slot used.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bojo2736 said:

The toolbox is great.  I appreciate it's addition to the game.  But why isn't a chisel a tool?  Why does coal and charcoal go in there, even when you have a coal bucket?  Why is an axe a weapon and not a tool?  

This is because of them being in different categories. So for instance since the axe deals damage, it has to be in the weapons category. Not sure about the chisel though ? Will ask about that.

I mentioned coal and charcoal.  I don't know if it has changed, but it used to be that you had to use coal in the iron forge, you could not use charcoal.  Why?  Who knows.   Especially given how scarce coal is, it would be really helpful to be able to craft it and use it for everything coal is used for.

I'll ask about this.

I would like to see a weapons belt. You could keep say 3 different weapons in there.  Or alternatively, have the hotbar items not take up space in your personal inventory.

I've suggested this, we'll see, what the designers come up with.

We do have inventory containers, which help. 

We are making more types of containers.

We need to be able to craft items for our mounts.  Saddles with saddle bags would be helpful.

This is something we are keeping at the back of our minds, but this will come with some sort of mount overhaul down the line.

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, ocnoglittle said:

I love all of your ideas except the shells. I use them for decoration, so I would cry if it automatically turned into pigment. There is a seashell jar already, so it is only 1 extra slot used.

Fair enough. 

@Adam Snellgrove regarding the axe as a weapon.  Yeah.  That's why the ridiculous dance routine when I'm out collecting wood.  ☠️

• Haha 1

the chisel doesnt go into the toolbox, but the screwdriver does exactly the same, you cannot have it in the toolbox either.... and i m sure that s a tool ?

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

In my actual toolbox I have several screwdrivers and chisels...I do like where @bojo2736 is going with this though. We need more space for inventory. Im still voting for the lunchbox. C'mon this would be cool. m_5fd792b567bd91d895633832.jpg

Edited by spiritchaser28
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 2