Shadow72

Exploration Feedback

Question

I've recently had enough time to hop on and try out the new exploration. I thoroughly enjoyed it and thought that it was far better than the old exploration. With that being said, I do have some feedback.

• Crafting items feels like a chore. The workstations can only hold a small amount of items which causes you to have to babysit them non-stop. This isn't really fun because I would much rather be out exploring other islands instead of standing in my base waiting. I think doing a crafting system like the Minecraft furnaces would be a lot better. Where you can put a stack of materials into the workstation and then every so often it will convert a material into the selected item.
  • The inventory is way too small. There are so many different items in Ylands that you pickup from your adventures where your inventory feels like it is always full.
  • Chests don't hold enough items. 
  • Trading with merchants feels awkward to do. The text overlaps on the items so it can be difficult to see how much you would get for your items. Also as a beginner it is difficult to know what is included inside of the shipments. I traded for a knights armor shipment thinking it would be a new set of gear but it ended up just being a set of iron armor which I already had. For the other shipments it was confusing because I didn't know how much coal would be in a coal shipment.
  • The hunger system isn't very user friendly. We only know when we are starving or dying of starvation. I think a hunger bar would work much better.
  • There isn't a way to destroy unwanted items. I ended up having to drop unwanted items around my base cluttering it.
  • The combat feels very basic and uninteresting. I think adding a blocking system and allowing you to cancel attacks by dodging would make the combat feel a lot more fluid. You can then make the monsters deal a lot more damage so it becomes important to make sure you are blocking all of its attacks. This would make the combat more interesting and have it be more mentally engaging than just spamming left mouse button.
  • You aren't able to transport horses or cars to other islands. I think you guys have responded to this one before, but I have an idea on how to fix it. You could allow us to load either a car or horse into a custom made ship. This does however make the custom built ship overpowered since you would be able to store items on the ship and also pull a car out of the ship and speedrun a island to get all of the good items off of it. To fix that you could make the custom ship require a lot more materials to craft so it becomes more of an endgame item. This also gives the player a goal to shoot for.

• Like 3

4 replies to this bug / suggestion

These are great suggestions!

For the trader bundles, jrock discovered that there is actually a button for seeing what is inside ? You have a point that it is still hard for newbies to see.

image.thumb.png.9e1b504082fac8b4756390bbf7ebbf49.png

• Like 1

Yep, these are great suggestions ? I'll pass them on. On a few things the team is already working on (like having more containers for stuff in the inventory, transporting horses and the hunger system) but I'll let them know, that it is requested a lot ?

• Thanks 1

I love the idea of transporting cars and animals. I would love milking my goat on my ship and hopping off the ship on a wooly rhino, ostrich or dune buggy.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1