Sign in to follow this  
XXon

Bored and Explored?

I explored, I was bored, so I wandered off in my underwear on a log raft. I must have bumped my head, I guess, because I forgot how to craft. Anything. Couldn't even cook food! I forgot how to plant seeds. The only map I had left was the fast travel screen. I cannot use a pick.

Life is much different now. It took a while to stop clicking on everything, but I found what I needed to survive. My bags are light and I have developed a taste for elderberries and raw oysters. In my bright blue neoprene bodysuit and bear hat, under a full moon, with a war axe in my hand, I came upon three heavily armed deserters, two rhinos and three hyenas all guarding two tents. Careful timing and caution at first, but soon fur flew, tents were tattered and many bear berries were eaten on the run. Ah. What have we here... oh. Aha.

If you are bored with explore and all built out, give it a try. Worked for me. Coming over the crest of a hill and finding a cabin is pretty exciting.

P.S. Died. Back to underwear. Found some pirates. Stole their saber. Killed them with it.

Edited by XXon
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I usually run with my outfit without any armor, because i like my outfit (wish i could have armor defense from a armor set while I wear the outfit I want).

I always have health potions with me instead of bandages, because bandages are more easy to craft. Of course I have bandafes too In case I run out of potions. Yep, I do the hard way. I avoid using thw peopeller to run away (because propeller will be nerfed in future).

As the night comes, i switch to my armor to hunt mutated animals for dust and crystals. I usually avoid to go mining with a drill. Instead I craft some stuff and some baits from ylandum dust to use as exchange for traders. Whenever im exploring, i stop by them and buy stuff I need if they are selling.

When ship is full, I go back to my home, craft what I cannot buy, I build some stuff around.

Most of times I also craft some craftsman potions instead of using a bunch of worstations to craft faster.

Then I gear up again and go to adventures again. That is how I have been playing.

We need much much more encounters tho and much more findable items that cannot be traded

Plainly said, drop everything, craft nothing, ever. Explore and find what you need. This results in a cascade of changes and new experiences. A wakeful night cowering inside a frozen plane wreck, eating your limited supply of berries to keep from freezing to death while evil things march around you, trying to just survive until morning, for example.

It doesn't mean you have to wipe out your progress, just leave it behind for a while and walk the Earth. It is much more fun that way, if you try it you will be hooked. I don't know if I will ever go back to the "right" way of playing, this is much better. Give it a shot.