XXon

Edit your home island

What if you could edit your home island. Maybe not with game logic, but terrain editing and stuff. Flip it on multiplayer, people sail over to race cars on your island or whatever. A reason to visit.

You should see the Locust map one group of players has going ? They completely redid their island and it is awesome ? Check out the stream we did about it: 

Other than sightseeing, I don't go to multiplayer to hang around at all because there is no reason to, no advantage, lots of drawbacks. I stop by and I leave if I go at all. But, I really like encountering other players in the wild, randomly. Makes the game feel inhabited.

What if all the islands were, by default, multiplayer. You would randomly run into other players, or maybe you even tweak the map generation so odds increase that the map you visit has someone on it. Select a nice island, turn it private it is uninhabited , it won't sink. Pretty much the opposite of what it is.

Edited by XXon

On 1/27/2021 at 9:52 AM, Adam Snellgrove said:

You should see the Locust map one group of players has going ? They completely redid their island and it is awesome ? Check out the stream we did about it: 

That looks awesome! Who made it? 

You still missed some spots ?

But yes, some terraforming options would be cool for local maps

Edited by jchob