Einstein131

UNDER REVIEW [YLD-28658] Game slows down and crashes

Question

Dear Team,

for a few weeks, my PC makes crazy sounds when I start the game. I checked the PC, did some cleaning inside the PC as well as on the PC (unnecessary files, etc). That didn't help much.

Last week, the game started to slow down so much that it took a minute to turn the character around. I turned the graphic details down to see if somehow my graphic card is now suddenly overloaded. I also deleted the process of my exploring game, to see if maybe there is too much data that suddenly slows the game down. That didn't help, either.

Today, the game crashed so much that my screen suddenly didn't get any input from my PC, anymore. First, the game slowed down, the PC made the loud noises, then it went dark. Unplugging and plugging of the screen/cables didn't work. I had to hard reboot the PC.

I added the ouput logs from today, 10:57. Do you need any other logfiles?

Patrick

output_log.txt

output_log_clean.txt

11 replies to this bug / suggestion

We are looking into it. Could you please send us your specs? Please press Windows key + R and type in "dxdiag" and send us the text file ?

I've got some additional issue with the game now. I wanted to start a new exploration game but it didn't give me a protective barrier anymore.

screenshot 1 shows my inventory right at the beginning and screenshot 2 is the immediate surroundings. no barrier even on the floor.

This does not happen in the old exploration game, just in the new experimental.

ylands_inventory1.jpg

ylands_2.jpg

Edited by Einstein131

Get used to it. They are doing away with the barrier in the next update. If you have a single player map, nobody can grief you there for now. In the future update you will instead have more control over some options on your map, such as using the demolition hammer, making blueprints and other options.

I must have overlooked that information. As long as I can still decontruct wrongly placed blocks or things I don't need anymore, I will be fine. However, Despite not having a barrier, it still tells me that outside the barrier, I cannot deconstruct things, so maybe someone could look into this and make it either way, but not impossible for me.

Yeah with the next update you should be able to deconstruct things according to the map settings from what I can gather. I guess for the moment we all just have to cope. They realized this issue when the 1.5 update came out and gave everybody an extra barrier, so those that lost them had another. I had not deleted the map that had my original on it so I suddenly had 2. I found another location I wanted to settle and placed it and finally deleted the other map.....I have not deleted my progress so far so I haven't noticed until you said something about it if players would get another if they deleted their progress again. Maybe you can ask around to other players if they have a broken barrier they can spare. Many players aren't using them at all now or haven't even set up the first one so they now have 2. I personally only set mine up for that exact reason of being able to use the demolition hammer. I think maybe @jchob may have an extra barrier. You can ask him or you may prefer asking a friend you know better....I only mention him because he is a good person that I play with and he's great at sharing things....unless it's gold....Vikings love their gold LOL

As far as I know, after they fixed the barrier problem, now when you delete your progress you get a warning saying you won't get a new barrier. You might have missed the warning.

Yes I still have my barrier (i didnt get a new one because my barrier was always in my inventory).

If you really want and need I dont mind giving it to you. I can wait for update 1.6 where all barrier will ve removed from the game and we will have more control over the map.

So, if you need my barrier, just wave at me ?

Edited by jchob
  • Like 1