Sign in to follow this  
Antimidation

Clarification to saving unique builds/Ships

Do I need to be in explorer mode within the shield generator to be able to save builds? Or can I go into sandbox and save them there as well? If so would I need to put down a shield gen in the sandbox game?

If I save to a ship i've built is that saving the ship to that character for my profile to place in any new game I start (having the appropriate materials) or does that just save it for me to summon during that particular game session?

Thanks!

To capture a blueprint, you have to be within a Protective Barrier, which is only in Exploration (Legacy) and Exploration (Experimental). Once you have a blueprint, you can use it to craft that ship or building in any game (that allows blueprints).

Claiming a ship (so you can summon/unsummon it) in Exploration (Experimental) is only for Exploration (Experimental) and does not transfer to new games. It will be your ship unless you claim another one, or wipe your progress on Exploration (Experimental).

careful with wiping progress. you can loose your protective barrier and in the process also saving a blueprint.