kimbuck

session unreachable.

Question

I left the   pvte island and  moved to another island  with  MP enabled ..and started  to set up a base.  I placed  my  replacement  PB and  started to build ... then got a  session time out  error and  booted out .  so did the other player with me ( we were encountering lag spikes)

Other player  couldn't  get back  so gave  up ..( which will happen a lot if  its not  fixed! )

Got  back and    continued  building ... then had to  exit   for  real life meals etc.

tried to get back a little  later  ..." session unreachable  "  message.   ..another try   gave me a " master server unavailable" message ....    waited    tried again      "session unavailable"    and  could see the island  with my  avatar  image  there  but nothing  would  work. clicking it   gave me   "session unreachable  message  repeatedly 

was late at night   so    gave up  until morning.

Tried again  twice   today .. "session unreachable"  yet i could see my avatar image on that island.

So i tried to get back to the pvte  island ...yes ..made it , and  found old base  and parked there  until i hear of  a fix .

But :  my  Protection barrier is  set up on  the other place thats  " unreachable" at the moment 

so ... back to square   one,  not happy.

I had  avoided  Ylands   for  a week due to the  previous  issues ...   now i have  very little incentive to continue.

Others  will not have the patience  i have ,  so if this  and  other issues  are not addressed ..     well there's  other games that work.

Logs?  well   i am back where i started .. the other logs  would be  over-written 

Besides ..i  no longer have the  time  to  keep sending in the same  stuff.

output_log_clean.txt

output_log.txt

2 replies to this bug / suggestion

Adam   just been advised by Red that  the  server is  back up.

A problem is  that some players  get the message  and then  start again , losing  everything.  I was lucky  i had  a "base"  (pvte pw protected)   island i could  log into! ... so i managed to survive. i Can now  go back to the other  island and  find  my  Barrier and  base. Other players  seem to have not thought of  that   so they  give up ..and  re start ..    and  lose  a lot 

So players ...  find a  island,  pw protect it,  and make it  MP  ..2  max  players  -  and  set up a "emergency" area  you can locate easily .    Then  go to a  open  MP island and set up your  main base  with PB.   That way  should one server go down  you could try  returning to the pvte  base of  yours and   surviving...not losing  ship etc ...until  main base area is  restored  ;)