Deadeye_Rob

Day off Challenge- Caliga Hall

Good news everyone! I had the pleasure of visiting this beautiful place today and noticed that the ancient relic on display is still there for everyone to see. :)

Ylands_210329_172123.png

Ylands_210329_173701.png

• Like 2

Amazing build, I'd expect nothing less from you.  :)   So when are we playing RDR2?  I haven't had my horses out of the stable for a couple of weeks.

• Like 1

@spiritchaser28invited me today to @Deadeye_Rob's amazing map.

What an incredible place!
Immediately I got overflown with inspiration! Every single wall, window and even the ceilings were filled with genious ideas!

The interior leans close to what i am going for in the castle i'm currently working on so naturally I took loads of pictures :D

I also want to ask if it would be ok if I'd implement some of the ideas into my castle, like the table with the minimap and the glass cabinets to display treasures :) 

20210411150208_1.jpg

20210411150344_1.jpg

20210411151308_1.jpg

• Like 4

Thanks guys! I’ve not been on this past week. The Easter holiday encourages me to be more outgoing! But I will be completing the plantation as well as overseeing the club from here! :)  

• Like 2

Naru was planning on streaming it....but something got messed up with the sharegame feature....I think maybe simply sharing the map can have a few issues if the sharer is not there

Ocnog could not get in.

I personally didn't have any issues. I know it takes a bit longer to load, but other than that....I mean....when I shared with YoHasLego, we didn't experience any issues.....maybe it was just the fact they had discord and twitch open as well?  I know Ylands requires a huge amount of memory, and multitasking ain't the best thing to try to do when playing. I'll never open chrome again when I play LOL crash city

That could be it. I have quite a bit of memory so that might explain why we didn't have any problems.

• Like 1

Hmmmm maybe that could be it? But I gave you the password....and I didn't give YohasLego the password...so that doesn't make much sense

I'll just share the map with you next time I'm there Ocnog........the social tab system is a bit weird....and honestly I have had a lot better luck sharing the map and waiting for someone to show up than inviting......which seems to be gone now. But honestly that deserves a bug report.... Social is just "Anti social" now......ever since 1.4

Edited by spiritchaser28

16 minutes ago, spiritchaser28 said:

I'll just share the map with you next time I'm there Ocnog........the social tab system is a bit weird....and honestly I have had a lot better luck sharing the map and waiting for someone to show up than inviting......which seems to be gone now. But honestly that deserves a bug report.... Social is just "Anti social" now......ever since 1.4

We already have a bug report for the social tab: 

I think the share map feature is the only one they want for Exploration. "Invite game" (when it worked ?) was too OP and acted like a teleport. That doesn't fit with Exploration.

We can agree to disagree....I do agree that inviting a person to play was a bit like teleporting them......but I think it was more "social"...What I mean is....the game is more fun when you play with friends....the system now seems like they do not want you to play with friends at all.....the only way to get a person to play with you in explore atm is share a map and hope they come while you are there...it was a lot easier just to invite...at the very least you knew if your friends were too busy to play with you......now it's share a map....and hopefully 3 days from now your friend might see your invitation...and when they finally arrive a week later...the map is gone or has been deleted...or even worse It's been depleted of all resources and is just no fun to explore.

Edited by spiritchaser28

?I actually think sharing the map can be more social because you can do it anytime. Inviting meant your friend had to drop what they were doing and join immediately or miss out entirely. I always see the "shared" notification too... not 3 days late. For me specifically, the "invite" button never seemed to work right, so it wasn't very social for me at all.

I know they are adding more features to make the game more social. Hopefully Aleš will give us more details soon. :) 

Eh again I will disagree....getting invited to a game to me was like a phone call.....it's very social....it's immediate.....joining a friends map 4 days after they share it with you is sort of anti social......chances are when you get there....your friend is not there

Oh....sorry.....I have shared maps with people and they have not gotten the actual share because they were simply offline ......when they got online....they never saw the share...so yeah.....it's like a dropped phonecall....when I could invite my friends that were online at least I could see they were there....and we can still see if they are online when the social tab actually works.....but good luck.....90 percent of the time you are looking at a loading screen and have to use CTRL Alt Delete, to exit the game.....and after you close the game using task manager.......well you don't feel very social......and certainly have missed all the messages and invites people may or may have not sent.

Yeah, ? fingers crossed the social and chat get fixed in the patch.
I think of the shares like a text message instead of a phone call. They can check it later if they are busy :) But we definitely need a functioning in-game chat and in-game invite/share/whatever system to make it a social game.

It used to be very direct....there were no "saved messages"......you say hi to a room of people and they saw you saying hello.....now it's bumfuggled.....type /g and your message and hope to god you typed that /g or you have wasted typing 1 thousand letters because  well Ylands did not recognize your command???.....that's anti social in a nutshell....Don't get me wrong.....it's nice idea to view old messages.....but with this system.....good luck actually seeing them....if you do see them you are in the rare 10 percent.....the rest of us have to shut down the game with task manager and pray to god our computers do not crash.

As an addendum....I will add this fact.....I have met the best people and most helpful communities playing this game.......but not actually in the game......I can sometimes chat with people in the game but I have a lot more conversations with them when I shut the game down

So there is a huge community that plays.....but most of them chat on the forums, discord, twitch, twitter, facebook, etc just because it's one bazillion times easier to chat on those forums...heck I can even use my microphone if I want on some.......which brings me to another Bohemia strange issue .....DAYZ has proximity voice chat....Ylands has bumfuggled type /w to talk to a friend.....I mean it's too much work .......Ten times easier to just type hi....or in the case of DayZ......just say it.....ylands though....um nope....you gotta hit enter, scroll your mouse over to the chat screen, left click it, then type /g to say hello to everyone.....and hope you spelled that right because you got confused going through 40 steps to say hi

I guess this confuses me mostly because DayZ has one of the best chat systems I have ever seen in a game.....and Ylands just fails terribly with the chat system.....I mean I know Bohemia knows how to do it right.....so why choose to do it wrong on another game?

I will  make another addendum.....I will stop posting this here because none of this conversation has anything to do any more with Rob's place.....which for anybody reading this.....it's fantastic.....check it out if you get a chance Flintlock Rob is amazing:)

Edited by spiritchaser28

Well we know Aleš wants the voice chat, but it would make me super sad if that was the only thing they added in 1.7 ? So I am fine if we have to wait a bit longer for it and they work on making Exploration even more amazing.

(Sorry for continuing this here, Rob!)

• Haha 1