Sign in to follow this  
spiritchaser28

Y axis annoyance

Ok so this is a small nuisance, but it has been bugging me for quite some time now. In older versions of ylands the default position of enitites placed on a zero y axis was at ground level. It is currently below ground level. This makes creating compositions a little annoying if you wish for it to be at exact ground level. I think this default changed with the watery water update, but it has not been fixed since. Below are examples of what I mean. The first picture is a block at zero y axis and it is clearly in the ground. the second picture is 0.047 and it appears to be at ground level (it may be one or 2 points off for exact ground level). Ground level y axis is clearly off center. 

Ylands_210312_075622.png

Ylands_210312_075709.png

Edited by spiritchaser28
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

This issue also makes creating blueprints from editor a bit annoying as well. Now when the composition is stored at zero axis and you are placing it on legacy map for blueprint photos, the result is the blueprint either floats slightly above ground when trying to place, or it is embedded below ground level. Call me a perfectionist or OCD if you want LOL. I used to work in construction and if something was not level it was either fixed or it was not acceptable as being up to code.

This clearly is not an urgent thing to fix, but it is a little annoying to people that want their compositions to appear level. Any future fix for this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Edited by spiritchaser28
  • Downvote 1

We need to have lots of patience with them for a few more weeks ?

Then we can bug the new community manager mercilessly about all the things we said since Adam left. ?

• Haha 1