TE5LA

Starving While Offline?

Just how crazy is that? Starving while not in the game? I was fed when logging off last night. When I joined this morning, I was dead from not eating.

This needs fixing.

• Downvote 1

This didn't happen in Singleplayer, did it? Did it happen on a Dedicated Server? If so we are aware of this, it will be fixed :)

Just now, Ane said:

This didn't happen in Singleplayer, did it? Did it happen on a Dedicated Server? If so we are aware of this, it will be fixed :)

Yes, it was a dedicated server.

Also, the audio does not sync with the animation when chopping down trees. I have a solid 121 fps.

• Downvote 1

I just got into a situation while trying to chop down a tree that I could not turn more than about 5 degrees left or right and could not walk. The screen would start to shake when I tried to turn or move. I was still getting over 100 fps.

• Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, TE5LA said:

I just got into a situation while trying to chop down a tree that I could not turn more than about 5 degrees left or right and could not walk. The screen would start to shake when I tried to turn or move. I was still getting over 100 fps.

While chopping the tree? Or how exactly?

8 hours ago, Ane said:

While chopping the tree? Or how exactly?

I believe this happens for any online players, when someone on the dedicated server / multiplayer game, logs in, or logs out.

For me, it can range from 1 - 5 seconds, and it coincides with the connection / disconnection in the monitor.

Edited by John - Ylanders

17 minutes ago, John - Ylanders said:

I believe this happens for any online players, when someone on the dedicated server / multiplayer game, logs in, or logs out.

For me, it can range from 1 - 5 seconds, and it coincides with the connection / disconnection in the monitor.

My Server Monitor shows only one other player ever has tried logging in, but I can't tell when this was because they are not time stamped (there's an idea).

If that's the case, it certainly shouldn't happen. Nothing in this game should use hardly any resources. Is there any notification while you're playing that someone is joining or has joined? This lasted a lot longer than 5 seconds, was at least 30. It did not go away until I logged out and came back.

Ane, since you appear to be on the Ylands Team, can you let me in on the secret of setting my server's name? It does not happen in the Server Monitor program so I figure there's a config file somewhere, but I can't locate it. Since I have my own server locally, I would be willing to help test dedicated server issues and make suggestions if you like. My first suggestion is to make the name you assign in the Server Monitor be the name of the server in the game list.

John, what exactly do you mean by "... and it coincides with the connection / disconnection in the monitor."?

Edited by TE5LA
  • Downvote 1

It is entirely possible that we are experiencing different issues, having different causes but with a similar result (the strange freezing thing).

Currently, there is no way to tell when someone logs in or out from the server, other than by viewing the monitor (I've been using this freeze thing to know when!).

By coincides, I have two monitors and I can see the server monitor while in-game, and when the freeze thing happens, I can see a user connecting, or disconnecting from the server at the same time.

Again, this still could be something else, it is much longer than with me and it doesn't seem like it was caused by a login/out.

Regarding the server name changing, I've replied to your other post on how to do so.

Edited by John - Ylanders

So, coming home, I could not connect to my server. The Server Monitor showed nothing unusual. When trying to connect, it would reach "downloading server data 100%" and never get past it. I restarted the server several times. Finally, I got connected and everything had reset from the beginning.

Does this not save when you restart the server?

Edited by TE5LA
  • Downvote 1

On 1/16/2018 at 10:38 AM, Ane said:

This should be fixed now :)

Five months? Not bad :)

• Downvote 1

It was fixed months ago, unfortunately it appeared as a bug again in one of the latest updates :)

6 hours ago, Ane said:

It was fixed months ago, unfortunately it appeared as a bug again in one of the latest updates :)

Ah! You never know when one of those rascals will show up.

• Downvote 1