Aleš Ulm

Dev Diary #170 1.6 is out

Hey there, fellow ylanders!

Update 1.6 is out and based on the initial feedback it seems you like it. There are some things we surely need to look into (yes, the propeller pack ? ), we need to fix some things here and there but in general, we think this was, once again a step in the right direction.

So what‘s next?

Our quest for better Exploration continues. Our plans for 1.7 are, among other things, to give Exploration more meaning, give players more incentive to explore and progress. We are also planning to introduce some major changes to the crafting system so that it‘s less overwhelming and more rewarding. And as I already mentioned before, we want everyone to be able to give Exploration a try and see for themselves, if the changes we‘re constantly making have made it good enough for them to invest in by buying the Exploration pack.

Editor and platform will see some cool improvements as well - we will, for example, finalize the text scripting, which we think will give creators better tools to create complex games (speaking of scripting, you may want to check scripting.ylands.com to see for yourself if it‘s something you‘d be interested in using).

With 1.6 released we are gradually starting to talk about the specific 1.7 features and plans (and even the roadmap for the rest of this year) and there‘s definitely much to look forward to.

And last but certainly not least, today we welcome our new Community manager Nikki! Let‘s give her some space to introduce herself:

Hi everyone! 

What a huge honor to be joining this awesome community! I can´t wait to get to know you better and join you in your continued efforts to push Ylands towards even more awesomeness. 
A few words about myself: I am a geeky nerd who loves D&D, plays Quidditch and reads lots of books and plays lots of (board/video) games. 
At the same time, I love good fun (and a good prank here and there) so the fact that I´m joining on April Fools Day is very fitting and I´m sure it´s also a sign of all the fun that the Ylands community has to offer! 

So, that‘s it for today. I will see you next week and until then... stay healthy and classy, ylanders!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Nikki Severin said:

Super excited to get started! Thank you for having me! ?

Welcome! I hope the community will treat you right and you will enjoy your time here! ?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nikki Severin said:

Welcome aboard :)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Nikki Severin said:

Oh nice new community Manager.

• Like 2

Glad to have you with us Nikki. Now we all know who to complain to when things go wrong. LOL! Just kidding we will still complain to Ales....he's got nothing to do. Hahahaha!

Edited by spiritchaser28
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

welcome aboard Nikki! Glad to have you with us :)

giphy.gif

Edited by Christal
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, bojo2736 said:

Welcome Nikki, you have big shoes to fill :)

Beat me to it!

Welcome Nikki and best of luck

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Welcome Nikki. I hope you've brought a bag full of charisma with you ☺️

• Like 4

Does anyone know how we set permissions on our map?

Also, we need a bit more time added to the prop. Or some way to upgrade it.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bojo2736 said:

Does anyone know how we set permissions on our map?

In the multiplayer settings, you can open up a second tab called co-op game settings and set permissions for clan/friends/others :)

Ylands_210325_194507.png

• Thanks 1

Welcome Nikki ? Adam was great, and so you will be ? 

• Like 2

Thank you  all for the warm welcome! Can´t wait to get properly into it and nerd out with you all! ?

459.gif

• Like 6

Vítej Nikky, doufám že se někdy zastavíš na discord na pokec mezi blázny Ylands :D 

• Like 1