Sign in to follow this  
ComR

Birds and Stuff. So many people alpha testing and still more and more bugs

Question

Hello,

People, Friends, please, read it, or at last see how easy it is to add birds to the game, and please, "UP" the posts... :)

1) Now mutated animals give you only metal scrap - one piece.... Golems - three... WT?
2) Water still doesn't work.
3) Birds are still absent.

I have simple tip for devs, maybe they have too much work.

Birds = animals, but mostly flying.

Yland proposed bird types (all based on existing animals):
a) Running, sometimes jumping, from time to time leaving eggs. Few times a year (once a year?) leaving "bird's nest" (just like that - for now you don't have to match n. of nests and birds - people will be happy - guaranteed!). From time to time - when killed leave bird meat, furs and one egg.

b) "Normal birds" - I understand that your birds were so heavy that they used to turn up ships. I have three solutions and few ideas:

Solutions:
-Make bird mass almost nothing - "feather" like.
-Make birds not colliding with sails (after all player works the same way). If needed you could turn of colliding with anything (buildings or ships) - it would be better than removing birds.
-Tragic solution: birds die on collision, leaving meat, feathers and don't forget the egg.
-Make birds fly only above the land.

Ideas to help devs make birds alive and running tomorrow:

Flightless birds (rookie coder):
-Make clone "ostrich" animal. Make it a bit faster and much smaller, add red beard - voilà! You have almost turkey. Make it even smaller and shorten it's throat. Make it leaving eggs and feather from time to time. Voila! and you have almost chicken!

Flightless birds (rookie coder, who already made "Flightless Birds" tutorial?
-Make new animal or clone "ostrich". Use old model of "seagull". Make if much faster, add ability to jump. Set jumps to very high and to last for very long. Optionally bird should be able to turn around during the "jump". Make the new animal always running or jumping, unless it's resting? Sleeping? Voilà! Make it "jumping" and "walking" only on land (if you afraid of collisions). Make it leaving eggs and/or feather and rarely (1/10 eggs? A year?) "bird's nest". Voila! You have almost seagull!

All The Best,
ComR

• Like 1

4 replies to this bug / suggestion

Mutated animals thing sounds like a bug, maybe make a report?

Fluid physics are disabled for the foreseeable future since, the fluid physics plugin the game was using was old and needs a complete rewrite basically.

Birds are going to come back when they get players airborne.

Hopefully this is helpful and correct.

• Upvote 1

The drops are not a bug. Misa said:

For the water physics, they will be changing some situations, but John is right that they won't just add fluid physics. Is there something specific you mean when you say water still doesn't work?

The rest is correct. Thanks @JohnMFSteel!

Previously water was fluid and it was possible to make artificial island, just by throwing dirt into water. It was possible to dig sand underwater. It was possible also and above all to make artificial lakes, by digging wholes and then dig ditches to allow water to fill the our lakes. Also, it was possible to make wholes in caverns and flood these full. That was fun.

Game is better and better, I admit, but it goes very, very slowly. 

And, unfortunately some things are rather stupid, bugs rather than improvement - like last changing mutants bounties... For now it makes no point to hunt mutated animals at all. Piece of metal??? Or 3?? And maybe Ylandium dust? This is broken game for now. Hunting makes no sense at all. Strongest Gollem/Monster - You riskinf your live very much, so 3 pieces of broken metal is rather laughing from players.

Shards? At last golden shards... I agree that the weakest mutated animal (I don't know what is it) should be relatively easy for starting explorer and the animal should drop random items, which could help gamer at the start randomly: Iron Shard, Copper Shard, Rags, Old Shoe (maybe golems? ;) ), Flint, Resin, Feather, gold shard, glass shards)

Also, the same random items would be nice to get during fishing. "No Luck!" is so annoying and so frusrating!!! Please, change it into finding random items!!! - Boots, Old Shoes, Rags anything, but "No Luck!". In this "mini-game" we are doin nothing, but loosing time - at least do not make it frustrating for   sake!

At least make different bounties, but worth playing, for example:

Monster Class         |       Reward
-Strongest monster in the game LVL 4-5 (I don't know which monsters are the strongest now) - Ylandium Crystal, 2-3 Ylandium Dusts (or at least Marble stones, instead boulders) - To be worth fighting if you are poor adventurer.
Gollems Strong Ones - Ylandium Crystal
Mutated Bear - (this is very stron enemy - 2 dusts was silly) - at least 4 Ylandium Dusts (as norman Bear gives meat and fur)   

List:
Strongest:
-3x Ylandium Crystal
-2x Ylandium Crystal
-1x Ylandium Crystal

Very Strong Ones:
-1x Cave crystals of different color (depending on mutated animal) + 3xYlandium Dust
-1x Cave crystals of different color (depending on mutated animal) + 2xYlandium Dust
-1x Cave crystals of different color (depending on mutated animal) + 1xYlandium Dust

Strong Ones:
-3x Ylandium Dust
-2x Ylandium Dust
-1x Ylandium Dust

Middle Ones:
-1x Cave crystals of different color (depending on mutated animal) + 3xMagic Dust
-1x Cave crystals of different color (depending on mutated animal) + 2xMagic Dust
-1x Cave crystals of different color (depending on mutated animal) + 1xMagic Dust
Weakest:
-3x Magic Dust
-2x Magic Dust 
-1x Magic Dust

Let me play for few days yet, I will list everything nicely. ;)

Or Simply:
-Crystal Ylandium
-Ylandium Dust (1-3)
-Magic Dust (1-3)
-Gold Shards (1-3)

Only this, in my opinion, make sense.

Badgers are to strong - at the beginning of the game badgers are more lethal than rhinos. BTW... I't sad that Rhinos are so aggressive. In fact Rhinos are not aggressive animals. Please, change their status to be aggressive if attacked or very close?

If you make Ylands rewards to weak, fighting them will be useless and people will just go to sleep. Or... install cheats.

Best Regards,
ComR

6 hours ago, ComR said:

digging holes and then dig ditches to allow water to fill the our lakes

?really? I had no idea!

6 hours ago, ComR said:

Strongest Golem/Monster - You're risking your life very much

I disagree ? once you have good armor the mutants and golems in Exploration aren't much of a threat. And they changed the drops because too many people were complaining Exploration was too easy. It will take some adjustments to get used to the new system, but just pretend you are on "hard" mode now and it is like a new game to play. :) 

6 hours ago, ComR said:

Also, the same random items would be nice to get during fishing. "No Luck!" is so annoying and so frusrating!!! Please, change it into finding random items!!! - Boots, Old Shoes, Rags anything, but "No Luck!". In this "mini-game" we are doin nothing, but loosing time - at least do not make it frustrating for   sake!

I would also love more drops while fishing! You should check out the Cana Pro fishing mod in Journey to the 12 Kingdoms! Maybe they can expand what loot you can get... just oysters and sea urchins would also be fun :) 

6 hours ago, ComR said:

If you make Ylands rewards too weak, fighting them will be useless and people will just go to sleep.

Based on how Adam played, I think they expect us to sleep ?