IEuphe

clothing override

Question

so one thing i like most about games is character customization. I wonder if in the future there would be a way to have your clothing override your Armour, In exploration I prefer to explore wearing the alchemist outfit as i like the way it looks but in doing so i have to forfeit protection. I would love it if there was a way to wear armour in your normal clothing slots but be able to put clothing in your costume slots so you could dress your character how you desire and still have the benefits of wearing armour.

• Upvote 3

3 replies to this bug / suggestion

Yes!
I mentioned this in the official discord in January, too. I love the idea of making some of the outfits into costumes. For example, I need the armor because I run into golems a lot, but I would love to wear the elven tunic outfit as a costume (but still have the armor protection). Right now everyone wears the Guardian Armor, which we can dye, but it is all very similar. 

My related random idea: can you make it so you can gift the coyn-purchased costumes to other players?

Edited by ocnoglittle
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I’ve thought about this too! Terraria has a set of ‘Vanity Clothing Slots’ that behave exactly as you describe them.

I’m all in favour of this quality of life feature being added. I prefer my outfit to the guardian set any day! :) 

• Like 3

I will change my clothes often, depending on whether I give protection or not. Since I cannot fight, I have to wear armor, but I also love the beautiful clothes. Possibly you can have both in your character and the armor is always protective and only becomes visible when you have a weapon in your hand.

Edited by lady_whynot
  • Upvote 1