spiritchaser28

RESOLVED Server rental suggestion, a longshot and a prayer

Question

This might be a longshot question.....

A few months back @jchob rented a server in exploration. He named it Locust and it became a glorious experiment. The players that came there pushed the server to it's absolute limits. There were hundreds of buildings....and yes, lots of lag in places LOL

My question is this

Jchob missed the server rental fee by one day, and all was supposedly lost....but is it? Could it be possible the map and all it's structures is stored somewhere???

He looked everywhere in his files to find the saved game, but it was also gone so he could not restore the server and the map.

So....my question is, does Bohemia have that file somewhere in the cloud? Is it possible to bring the map back to exploration? Can anybody there send the map game file (including all the buildings) to @jchob so he can bring this amazing place back? There are a few people that would be happy to contribute to the server fee if there is a way to restore that map and all of it's amazing buildings.

If not....then can it be possible in the future to save these efforts? I mean....can the owner of the map can save the file just in case another calamity such as this occurs?

Edited by spiritchaser28
  • Upvote 2

6 replies to this bug / suggestion

Actually, i extended the server for more 3 months, and when I sailed to a purple multiplayer icon  in world map, the map showed up.

I got a word from team saying the maps are only deleted by the user and not deleted by the ylands team.

That beein said, if you forget to pay the server and it expires, don't panic like me. Just extend that server (not a new server rent) and sail to a multiplayer map in the same biome your map was supposed to be.

Edited by jchob
  • Upvote 3

4 hours ago, jchob said:

don't panic like me.

Hehehe......oh wait what's my picture here? Where's my towel?

Edited by spiritchaser28
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

(Sigh) I saw the title and thought this was going to be a request to bring back locally hosted dedicated servers again. ?

(Which by the way, id be in total support of!)

1 hour ago, Deadeye_Rob said:

locally hosted dedicated servers

How is that different than the P2P (local) servers? (I have only been playing for a year and a half, so I don't know how it used to be)

Back around the original early access period, you could download the Ylands Dedicated Server program.

It allowed players to run and host their own dedicated servers on their own providers for free.

Sadly the program was discontinued in favour of the current exclusive Nitrado server rental plan. The result of which was devastating to the community.